Wanted - Pro Cornet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by its_jon, Feb 28, 2009.

1. its_jon

its_jon Member

Wanted - Pro Cornet

Smith and Watkins
    Stirling
    Besson -Prestige- ("buffet crampon")
    Eclipse
    York

thanks.

2. its_jon

its_jon Member

A 2nd hand one of the above please !...... forgot to ask for that

3. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

You might try contacting Leigh McKinney at Eclipse and asking if he has any ex-demo
    cornets that he might like to sell...

Andy

4. its_john

its_john New Member

I emailed them earlier today... Never thought about ex demo though.

I inquired about any trade in cornets they may have in.....

5. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Good luck - Leigh makes some cracking instruments and is very good about letting people trial instruments. Well worth a visit to his Luton workshop to experience what "Customer Service" really means...

Andy

6. its_john

its_john New Member

Thanks..... I really would love to own an eclipse, second hand or ex demo... Heard so much good about them... i'm certainly unfortunately not able to stretch to a brand new one.

7. its_john

its_john New Member

I would also consider a Kanstul 1531

8. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

If you like the Kanstul 1531 you should look at the Flip Oakes "Wild Thing" short cornet. I have had the privilege of playing both the Eclipse Cornet and a Gold Plated Wild Thing Cornet.

The Wild Thing series is made my Kanstul, to Flip's specs. I tell you, it was every bit what the Eclipse was -- for the same reason. Both Leigh and Flip work to make the best cornets possible, and care about reputation and customer satisfaction.

If you want the Ultimate Kanstul built cornet, I would check with Flip. He may have demos or trade-in available. His email is on his website. If you do not mind the cost for the long distance phone call, he is delightful to talk to.

I would check it out at www.flipoakes.com

Jim

9. its_jon

its_jon Member

Thanks everyone......

I finally got sorted with a minty Smith and Watkins K2 Pro.
    The top of my want list !

To anyone out there wondering if they are simply a besson copy or a throw back to an early design, you have to look closely at one... so many improvements everywhere...and oh the agility & intonation ! and gone is the foghorn depth of the 928.