Wanted: March: Forest of Dean

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by brassed_off, Jul 2, 2007.

1. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

Hi, I'm looking for the march Forest of Dean for my band to play. I'm from the area and would love to share it with them.
    We've got the march Ruardean but I can't find anywhere that sells Forest of Dean. :confused: Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Hannah
    Daventry Brass

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    B)Forest of Dean
    Forest of Dean Hi
    Ruardean
    Forest of Dean
    HannahDaventry Brass
  3. Mr_Chairman

Mr_Chairman Member

Hope its not another 6/8 jobbie !

4. HelenMcBaritone

HelenMcBaritone New Member

I didn't know there was a Ruardean march. My brother lives down there now. Are there any recordings of either Ruardean or the Forest of Dean?

5. banger

banger New Member

Lydbrook band has got a recording of the march Ruardean, it is on the ''70 years of Lydbrook band'' Cd. Maybe you could ask your brother to pick you up a copy, as its the next village over from Ruardean!

Steve

6. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

Yeah, Lydbrook did record Ruardeen, but don't know of any Forest of Dean recordings. It's a good march, dedicated to my old friends Bream Silver Band (hi guys!).

PS: if in Ruardean never, ever ask who killed the bears........

7. HelenMcBaritone

HelenMcBaritone New Member

Thanks for the info. My sister-in-law is from Ruardean and I'm sure she's told me the story about the bears before but I can't remember it so I'll have to ask her about it again ;).

I can do one better than send my brother along to buy the cd - they live Hope Mansell way now and I should be down there sometime in August for a few days so I might just pop along myself (I think it's Lydbrook where they always send me for emergency wine supplies anyway).

Looking forward to hearing it!

8. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

If there are from Hope Mansell you were probably sent to the Lea for the wine. Why not play Lydney park should be easier to get your hands on.
    If you want a copy of Ruardean you could contact someone at Lydbrook band at http://www.lydbrookband.co.uk/ (there a great version of a Malvern suite on it).

9. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

Have played Lydney Park before, on Ticket to Ride with Lydmet Lydney band (3rd cornet though!) That is a good march, but I prefer Forest of Dean!
    Please, if anyone has it, lend it me or sell it to me!!

10. weenie

weenie Member

I remember that CD....it's Michelle here (formerly Lydney and on Weens log in to confuse it further) Hope you are ok and look forward to seeing you soon. Don't remember the march Forest of Dean but have you tried contacting Neil Crowe to see if Lydney have it....he's called sop or bass? on here....something like that...otherwise have a romp through Lydney Park for old times sake.

Take care xx

11. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Sop_or_Bass? here...

Hi Hannah and Michelle

Yes we did play Lydney Park (and Weenie was on kit) for the Lydney CD!

We're playing Forest of Dean at Bream at the moment ( I believe it was composed for Bream Band ). We opened with it on Sunday night at the pub - did you miss that one Michelle?

I'll ask next Tuesday whether you can borrow it, Hannah, but I suspect it will be in the pad until the end of the summer season. Will send you a PM.

Cheers

Neil

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    B)Forest of Dean
    Forest of Dean Hi
    Ruardean
    Forest of Dean
    HannahDaventry Brass