Wanted/Help: Odyssey cornet ocr-900 premiere

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by neo_tintin, Jan 31, 2012.

1. neo_tintin

neo_tintin Member

hi, i have been trying to find myself a new cornet and i have tried the good top of the range cornets but was advised before i buy one of them to try a odyssey ocr-900 premiere.... does anyone know anything about these? what are they like to blow? compared with the price you could buy 10 odyssey cornets for the price of a xeno. i was advised even tho the price is low they are pretty good. so does anyone know any where close to south yorkshire i could try one of these?
  2. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

I have an oddyssey Prem cornet and I do like it very much, however it is at the moment back in the shop after only a year of use the plating is wearing on the triggers, and there is a rust like dpeosit on the main tuning slide. I am reserving judgement until Thursday when Banks in York (where you could try one out) get back to me. At those sort of prices though many people like the John Packer range of "own brand" instruments. I didi have a 251 SW trumpet and was very happy with it.

I know its a month or so since you posted this thread but I have only just found it so I hope this helps

3. talant

talant Member

i am selling a brand new xeno cornet on ebay at the moment bid starts at £1100 its an absolute bargin make me an offer above the starting price and i will take it off. 3 days to go and many watchers ready to pounce!