Wanted - EEb bass solo ideas

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Eb Ben, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eb Ben

Eb Ben New Member

Hi people!

I'm looking for a new EEb bass solo to play with my band. We're top section so I'd like it to be fairly difficult, but also fun and not too high-brow.

Any ideas?

My recent solos are The Sun Has Got His Hat On (Sparke) and Cappriccio (Newton), as well as the bass part in the funny Carnival of Venice. I list these only for information and to avoid suggestions of pieces that "don't count". My double tonging is also not so good, so while I wish I could play something like Czardas, it's quite unlikely.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

It doesn't have to be fast and ferocious to be hard does it? Steve Sykes did a fantastic arrangement of Ave Maria for Eb. If your looking for something good yet challengin I would say his is the stuff to check.
  3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Vaughan Williams Tuba concerto

Eric Leidzen Celestial Morn

or The Bass in the Ballroom
  4. Bungle

Bungle Member

Not another eb bass solo thread

You could try doing a search on 'eb bass solos' on this forum. The main thread, which is open is this one, the others have been locked as this subject comes up quite regularly. It is tricky to choose a new solo as there aren't that many recordings of different bass solos to listen to before buying. If you have some pieces to add to the thread please do. I can lend you the solo part to 'Dashing away with the smoothing iron' if you want to try that. Best of luck with your solo whatever you choose. As for me, you are obviously a higher standard, as I will be doing Tijuana Tuba this year.
  5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I thought Celstial Morn was Leslie Condon, well the one I have played was, maybe there's another
  6. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Les Condon it was......still a good solo!!
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for pointing that out Bungle and saving us the trouble of searching for this ourselves! Just in case anyone has missed it the link to the thread is here:

As there is already a fairly comprehensive thread on this subject, I'll lock this one to avoid duplication and confusion. Please feel free to continue the discussion and add any suggestions in the thread linked to above.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.