WANTED - Edward's Bass trombone, FOR SALE - Rath R9

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Orchestralbass, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Orchestralbass

Orchestralbass New Member

Hi :)

I'm currently looking for an Edward's B454 bass trombone. It would need to be in good condition with no faults and few aesthetic blemishes.

I am also going to be selling my Rath R9 in the next few weeks (after completion of my Grade 8 ) . Its in perfect working condition and good cosmetic condition. (only slight marks on the bell and some slight laquer wear on the hand grip.) It is about 2 years old.

• Rose brass bell – 9.5 inch diameter
    • Yellow brass tuning slide
    • Haggmann Valves
    • Standard Rath Bass Trom Slide
    • Standard Rath Leadpipe
    • Tuned in Bb, F, Gb and D
    • Pro Tec Case with backpack shoulder straps and single shoulder strap.
    • (can also include a GIG bass trombone gig bag – worth £ 110 +, a rath hand support unit – worth £95 , a rath 1 ½ G mouthpiece – worth £85)

I am looking for about £2500 for it but I will consider offers

thanks guys :)

2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Sorry, can't help you but welcome to The Mouthpiece! :hi
  3. Orchestralbass

thanks very much! :)
  4. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Why swap?
  5. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Edwards Bass Trombone

Think there's one on ebay at the moment!
  6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

7. Orchestralbass

Im selling mainly because I have found the Rath isn't really for me, and I prefer the sound of the Edward's (sorry if this affends anyone - just my opinion)

Yes - I've seen the eBay one and its very tempting! I'm just a little drawn back because it's an internet sale. but it will most probably the one I could go for. It's just dependant on if I can sell mine that quickly which is very unlikely to be honest.

Thanks for the offer - but at the moment, the Edward's is what I've got my eyes set on. but I will look around and I am trying to keep my options open so it could be a possibility. thanks very much.

thanks guys

8. baridis

baridis Member

I have a Getzen Custom 3062AFR for sale. Exactly the same as an Edwards. 4.5yrs old, mint condition, no scratches, dents or dings. Smashing instrument, loathe to sell it but it's just sitting in it's case most of the time. I'm looking for about £2750. PM me if you're interested.

9. Orchestralbass

thanks for the offer :) I'm afraid it's a little out of my price range - sorry. tempting though ;)

will let you know if I change my mind :)
  10. Bones

Bones Member

I was just going to recommend yours CHar.

Jos, if you can stretch I would recommend having a look at this one, Char always keeps good care of her flutes and this is a pearler of a second hand Edwards Bass. Also it is the most popular set up.

Having had her sat next to me at YBS I can recommend giving it a look.
  11. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Bass trombone

I have had the same dilemma with my rath but have now spent a bit of money and changed the set up so that I really like the rath again now and its doing all the things i want it to! just another option? I certainly hope that you arent changing because your teacher has told you to! there are plenty Raths in the orchestral world and I think they are if anything more versatile sound-wise for all styles of music.
  12. Orchestralbass

Yes , I completely agree with you for versatility :) I will look in to having a bit of a play around with parts, but the thing that struck me was the price! its not cheap as I'm sure you know, but nothing will be if its tailored made to your own standards.

I'm going to spend a few days having a good think over it. If the right offer for an Eddy comes along I might take it but for now, I'll stick with the Rath and see what I can do with it. atleast until my grade 8 is over and done with and then I have a bit of free time until the National Youth Course in which I can look around the market a bit.

thanks for all your comments guys :) :tup
  13. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

14. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

Did you go to see Mick Rath and try all the different combinations before buying? I did recently to get the set up I wanted (strangely enough it was *fairly* standard which my Mum was pleased about money wise lol) and love it - I remember you getting yours (back in the days when you were just plain ol "basstromboneboy" on tmp - moving up in the world now hehe) and that you really liked it. Go back to Mick and tell him whats bugging you about it and I'm sure they will come up with a solution for you...........
  15. Doubleplugman

Doubleplugman New Member

Edwards Bass Trombone

Do you still want an Edwards Bass Trombone? If so mine is available. It's been used a lot professionaly but is still in very good condition. I have the slide serviced every year and it's due to be done again next week. The Bell is 91/2" Yellow Brass with just the usual must marks. The slide is dual bore with no dents or dinks and no laquer loss. There is a hard case which I am happy to give with it. I am looking for about £2100 for it.
  16. BoomtownRath

BoomtownRath New Member

17. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

Edwards bass trombone

Are you still looking for an Edwards bass? Let me know as we have one at band that we may be selling in the very near future.

18. basstrombigboy

basstrombigboy New Member

i currently have two edwards sitting on the shelf at home, would be happy to sell one. It is a B454. It is in near new condition, the valve section was used for 1year, and the slide has been used once, brand new in packaging (all nickel), and a choice of bells.... 10 1/2 yello, 10 raw brass, 9 1/2 rose.
    open to offers, and might be interested in your rath.
  19. daveodams

daveodams New Member

I know this thread is a few months old now but are any of you still selling any bass trombones? I am in the market for one. Thanks.
  20. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

The Conn 62HCL I linked above is still for sale. It's currently on trial with someone, but if they don't like it, I'll drop you a line.