wanted cosycup soprano mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by schilke, Oct 16, 2006.

1. schilke

schilke New Member

cosy or prototype soprano mouthpiece wanted , 20+ pounds available for mouthpiece contact DAVE ABLETT tel 01246 855351 or westcottages" btinternet.com
  2. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi. I have used a Kosicup soprano mouthpiece for the last 30 years and have managed to pick up a couple of others either on Ebay, and 1 that was sent to me for nothing by another Tmp'er called Tobins a couple of years ago, after I asked the same question on here.

if you want to contact me via pm we can make arrangements for you to have a look and try the ones I have ( because they are all a tiny bit different ) and take it from there.

It has always astounded me that these mouthpieces are so hard to come by, as they were the 'standard issue' mouthpieces that were issued with Imperial and Besson sopranos in the 1960's and 70's.

Cheers, Mark
  3. schilke

schilke New Member

Dave Ablett
    Thankyou Mark I would love to try any cosycup mouthpiece as long as they are
    sop mouthpieces please let me know how to I will do as you want me to as I am desperate to get one or two back as I play on a warburton DV and it dos'ent suit me
    yours in anticipation Dave Ablett sop with Dinnington
  4. tubagod

tubagod Member

hi is there any special markings on these Mps so i can recognize them?

5. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi Martin.

The kosikup Soprano mouthpice usually has an 'S' stamped on it as opposed to the cornet ones that have 'C' on them.
  6. schilke

schilke New Member

not sure but an S (for Sop) plus B.H is under the rim
    Dave A
  7. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi Dave.

Having searched through my gig bag i have found 2 Kosikup Soprano mouthpieces ( that are definately Soprano mouthpieces ) and I do have one other that was being used by someone else that no longer plays Soparno that I can get back soon.

I wouldn't want to part with all of them, but I could post them to you and you could decide which one you wanted to keep. I will let you know when I have the other one back and if you could PM me with your address I will send them to you to try them out.

Cheers Mark
  8. schilke

schilke New Member

sop mouthpiece kosi cup

I hope you have recieved the two mouthpieces I have sent back on tuesday I again thank you fo rsending them ,they was unfortunetley not suitable I possibly will never find any but thankyou for tryng to find me one Dave Ablett
  9. markyboy

markyboy Member

Hi Dave , yes I did get them back thanks (and cheers for the note inside to cover expenses ) .
    Sorry they weren't quite what what you were after.

All the best

Mark Wears ( not Spears ) as a certain other website has just called me !
  10. Pam

Pam New Member

Hi mark,I am not sure if you will get this message ,but I was reading a message you sent to someone about kosi cup soprano mouthpiece in 2006,I have been searching for a long time for a soprano kosi cup mouthpiece, to tell the truth I do have one ,but it is battered to death and I am always worried about losing it ,if you still have one I would be very interested.
    all the best Pam
  11. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Try getting the one you have polished up and re-plated. Most Kosi cup mouthpieces these days would be worse for wear I would think.