Wanted: Cc tuba

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by norwegian_baritone, Jan 16, 2015.

1. norwegian_baritone

norwegian_baritone New Member

Hi, I am looking for a Cc tuba in nice condition. Rotary valves preferred. Will be played in a concert/wind band. Price range GBP 2.500 - 3.500.

I live in Norway, but will travel to the UK to collect.

PM to ole.irgens@gmail.com.
  2. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

It might be easier/cheaper to pick up an old Bb and get a decent repairer to chop a couple of inches off the (outer) main tuning slide. The fingerings would maybe stay the same then as well.
  3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Good idea,the valve slides would need doing too?

BBb's are readily available here but never seen a CC on UK ebay, CC's are available in the States but shipping costs! and then plus VAT!

Mr Tuba (in Cwmbran, http://www.mrtuba.com/) might have done this mod in the past and be able to advise costs and practicallity?
  4. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

5. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Serious money, but it looks to be a very nice instrument and was probably a bargain for someone. The seller gave his personal email address (pjlory1959@gmail.com ?) on the second picture of the listing and it might be worth the original poster contacting him for advice on the CC market / availability etc. in the UK. Might he also find availabilty is better in other parts of Europe?

I wonder if the original poster would be better off getting his Tuba player to adapt to using a BBb instead, it looks so much easier to find a BBb.
  6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Mr Tuba does have something.

It might also be worth the original poster thinking about new as Wessex Tuba's have some stuff on their site which is within his budget (http://www.wessex-tubas.co.uk/category/brass-2/tubas/cc-tuba/) - I believe Jonathan Hodgetts (the owner of Wessex Tubas) is also a forum member.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015