Wanted: Besson Sovereign or Prestige Bb cornet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by trigger1507, Sep 22, 2009.

1. trigger1507

trigger1507 New Member

I am looking for one of the older end Besson soveriegn or prestige cornets. Reluctantly I am leaving my trumpet behind and would like to find a suitable cornet to ease the transition!!!
    If anyone knows of anything going, preferably in the West Yorkshire area so that I can come and see the instrument first, give me a shout.
    I will consider country wide offers if the right instrument is out there.

Thanks

Kate

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bb
    one
    cornets
    prestige
    soveriegn
  3. 2ndcornets

2ndcornets New Member

Personally I would go for a "post lottery" Sovereign. Rashly I sold mine and kept a Prestige. The new ones may be OK but I find the the earlier Roger Webster effort as mine is an absolute pig to blow. It puts up huge resistence compared with a Sovereign [narrower pipework] so a. you need a lip like a rhino, and b. its heavy and not very flexible. This is why the previous owner who was a Principal cornet in a classy band got rid and returned to a Sovereign. Prestige is ideal for big blow 2nd/3rd cornet parts and not much else. Just my opinion, but I wish I had kept my Sovereign !. That said you are very welcome to come to N Yorks and try my Prestige if you like. I can even sell it to you if you get on with it - I will go back to a Sovereign.
    Richard

4. trigger1507

trigger1507 New Member

Hi Richard
    Thanks for the advice. I found myself a lovely Sovereign (globe type) a couple of weeks ago and very pleased with the decision!
    Kate

5. 2ndcornets

2ndcornets New Member

Well done Kate, I believe you have done exactly the right thing. The "Round Stamp" Sovereign is probably the best cornet ever made [Sorry Yamaha fans]. Enjoy it. May all your notes be full and well centred !

Richard