Wanted! Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rimesey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Rimesey

Rimesey New Member

I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced 2nd hand Bass Trombone - I'm currently borrowing from the county music service.

I'm used to playing a Holton double plug, so anything vaguely similar would be good.

Can anybody help?

2. Trum

Trum Member

Hi, I a bach 50B available if you (or anyone else) are interested. 2 years old. slight damage to bell (though I will get this sorted in advance if needed) looking for about 1150 ono
  3. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I have seen the Trom in question and its a belter.
  4. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Sorry to jump in after you've had another offer, but I'm looking to sell my Bach 50B3. Double independent in-line rotors Bb/F/Gb, 9.5" gold brass bell, open wrap slides and lightweight chrome plated nickel-silver main slide.

The instrument was bought new in 1993 and I played on it exclusively for 16 years - it made its last performance at last year's English Nationals in Preston!

I have to admit it's taken a bit of a beating in that time so there are a few creases and dings but I've just had it completely overhauled ready to sell. The slide has been stripped and cleaned out as have both rotors.

I do still have the original case but it is close to death now - Bach cases are notoriously rubbish. I used a Bach leather gig bag which I will also throw in. I'd be looking for £950 for the lot.

If you're interested, or anybody else, let me know!

5. hughess

hughess Member

Hi Pat

Point of Ayr selling a King 8B double plug in very good condition for about £1000

More than welcome to try it. drop us a pm if you interested.
  6. arrawarra

arrawarra New Member

I am also on the look out for a bass trombone if anyone is in the Kendal/Lancaster/Preston area
    please feel free to contact me.