Wanted: A baritone!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Big Twigge, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm helping my cousin on a quest to find a decent baritone for use on NYBB. Apparently he doesn't want a yamaha and would like some suggestions of good baritones or if anybody has any to sell/hire.
    I hope somebody can help as baritones are not my strong point.
    Thanks in advance x
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

try this thread here

Sovereign every time for me though, getting hold of one could be tricky though. Baritones seem to be invading tMp this month :D

p.s want to buy a valentines present for the lady?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  3. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

how anyone could ever WANT a baritone is beyond me...:rolleyes:
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Eeee I am offended!!
  5. AlanD

AlanD Member

Eeee me too!!!

Come on the baritone!
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Come on all us BARITONE PLAYERS start to bounce back here we cant stand for this.........;)
  7. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not on this thread though please.

Back on topic - anyone got a baritone for Caroline?
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

9. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

A Besson or even better Boosey and Hawkes Sovereign, 3 Valve. There have been a few on Ebay recently, One with a large dent went for about £600 - not bad at all. They are not cheap though. Another option would be a Cortois 169 Bari (www.fredrhodes.com), they are also not cheap!

Those are the only two real options in my personal opinion, with the Sov much preferred in the Banding world.
  10. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

And less Baritone related jibes as well. They are the heart and soul of any good band!
  11. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

You don't actually expect anything less from the Cornets... back row at that... do you? :D ;)

Seriously - have you considered purchasing online from say, music123.com or wwbw.com? They have some very decent prices (from my experience).

E-Bay also has quite a selection available currently as well. Good luck.
  12. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

My Mum has recently bought me a Weril from a seller on Ebay and it is fab. It is set up like a mini euph and feels great. Big sturdy case that even i can't do any damage to! Think Mum bought it for about £250 but it doesn't play like some of the cheaper instuments. (I tried a soverign and didn't like the valves - much to Mum's relief! and they didn't have the yamaha in stcok so that was close too!)

p.s. be4 everyone says i should be in bed i am on half term this week and can't sleep as I am still exited about the lydney band concet tonigt where I one the most improved girl prize for the training band!

13. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

14. scjb

scjb Member

Depends how much you want to spend, If you want a decent one it HAS to be a Sovereign. 3 VALVE !!! I have one for sale but due to the current shortage of Sovereigns due to the Besson siutation it isn't cheap! It's 5 years old but like new. If you're interested contact me off list at scjb@sb-music.co.uk.
  15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

All sorted now thanks - Baritone has been purchased! Can't remember what, when or from where, but thanks for your help all the same.:)