Wanted: 3rd Valve Trigger Screw...

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Lisa, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a screw for a 3rd Valve trigger on a cornet?

I have an 8 year old Besson Sovereign cornet that I want to sell...but first I need to get the trigger mended. Unfortunately I have lost the screw! ...and I have been told that the screws are no longer made and are quite difficult to find...

(Also, if anyone has any ideas on how much I can expect to sell an 8 year old Besson Sovereign for, I would be interested to know...)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson Sovereign
    Valve Trigger Screw
    year old Besson Sovereign cornet
    Does
    screws
  3. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Bob Young of www.artisantechnic.com may be able to help. He's based near Telford and has helped me out on a few occasions. An instrument repairer he also has a few contacts of spare parts in the area! Good luck! Ph: 08701 371904. email: info@artisantechnic.com :D

4. Lisa

Lisa Member

Thanks, I will check it out :)

5. Jimmy_2121

Jimmy_2121 Member

try the windcraft website, they have a lot of spares available and I've always had next day delivery when in stock.
    www.windcraft.co.uk

6. worzel

worzel Member

7. sop@55

sop@55 New Member

prestige cornet spares

i'm surprised my tuning slide "nut" (no, not me) has not fallen off my 11 year old prestige cornet before! whilst buffet crampon's rep was helpfull the suppliers are not so i found a replacement on "nuts&bolts.com" m3 locknut 10 for 30p. please spread the word! :clap:

8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

9. sop@55

sop@55 New Member

thanks for that! unfortunalely the same is not available for the prestige! possibly because they changed the design because of inherent faults (albeit minor and certainly not detracting from the beautiful sound it makes). it centres around the trigger linkeage on the tuning slide! enjoy semi retirement.

10. worzel

worzel Member

I you sure they're not compatible? Some parts work equally well for cornets and tenor horns, for instance.