WANTED - 3rd valve for c1940-45 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cornet, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Cornet

Cornet New Member

I'm looking for a 3rd valve for an old 3 valve Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb tuba. Serial number puts it around 1940-45. I'm helping out a school who a putting together a band program and they had a tuba with a missing valve! The instrument is in pretty good condition for its age. If anyone has one please get in touch! I'm in Sydney Australia but will happily pay for the valve plus shipping. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Won't that instrument be a high pitched one? I thought the brass instruments only moved to their current pitching in the 60s?

3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Many have been converted to low pitch - also instruments made for military use were usually in low pitch.

4. Cornet

Cornet New Member

Just about all the old instruments over here were converted to low pitch - the repairers must have been very busy!

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

When I started playing in 1970s most of the instruments in my local band, other than cornets, were still conversions.

6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Which valve are you actually missing ? I would be surprised if 1st and 3rd were interchangeable. Is it non-compensating ?

7. Cornet

Cornet New Member

I've just had a good look at it and you're right, they aren't interchangeable (despite what I was told!!)
    I need the 3rd valve.

8. Hsop

Hsop Member

Maybe try a company call Dawkes Music (based in uk) I don't have any association with them only that I know they have a lot of spare parts for instruments.

Regards

9. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

You could also try the company Mr Tuba, they are based in South Wales.

10. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Have you tried searching in Google?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Imperial Eb Tuba
    WANTED
    Imperial Eb
    Boosey & Hawkes
    Sydney Australia