Wantage Band (L&SC Championship Section)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by TubaMan, Mar 22, 2003.

1. TubaMan

TubaMan New Member

Front row cornet, Wantage (2nd section)

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Front row cornet required for Wantage Band, 2nd section (but promoted to 1st section from next year). Friendly community band based in Oxfordshire. MD Mike Pegram.

Email info@wantageband.org, or telephone Eileen Sykes on 01235 767541 for more details.

Tim Hayton
    Eb bass
    Wantage Band

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wantage
    L&SC Championship Section
    Mike Pegram
    @wantageband.org
    Wantage Band
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Wantage, Oxon. - Euph, Bari

Posted on behalf of the Wantage band

Dave

-----------------

THE WANTAGE BAND
    (1st Section, January 2004)
    M.D. Michael J Pegram ARCM, FVCM, psm

Will shortly have vacancies for the following:-

Solo Euphonium (due to retirement)
    1st Baritone (due to relocation)

Applications should be made in the first instance to Eileen Sykes (01235 767541) or to Alan Sykes (asykes@waitrose.com).

4. TubaMan

TubaMan New Member

Cornet, Wantage Band, Oxfordshire

Front row cornet required for Wantage 'A' Band, based in sunny South Oxfordshire. We're in the L&SC 1st section, our MD is Michael Pegram, and we rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays. Why not come along for a blow and see what you think?

For more details please contact Alan Sykes on alan.sykes@ukaea.org.uk, or 01235 767541.

5. the fish

the fish Member

Principal Euphonium Required Wantage A

London & Southern Counties First Section graded South Oxfordshire based Wantage A Band will have a vacancy for an enthusiastic Principal Euphonium player after the Regional's Sunday 19th March. Vacancy arises due to present incumbent wishing to further his burgeoning conducting career.

We have a sensible line up of contests and quality concerts for the remainder of the year, and we have been fortunate to secure two very talented and respected professional musicians in Phil Bailey or Phil Harper to direct us at these events.

Enquiries in the strictest confidence to the below contact or points, or PM me if you have any questions.

Many thanks for your interest.

Julian

http://www.wantageband.org/

Please phone Eileen Sykes on 01235 767541 or asykes@waitrose.com

6. the fish

the fish Member

Euphonium Vacancy Wantage

London & Southern Counties region South Oxfordshire based Wantage A Band have a vacancy for an enthusiastic Euphonium player with immediate effect. We are First section graded at present, but are promoted to Championship section for the first time in the bands history from 2007.

We have a sensible line up of contests and quality concerts for the remainder of the year, and we have been fortunate to secure two very talented and respected professional musicians in Phil Bailey or Phil Harper to direct us at these events.

Enquiries in the strictest confidence to the below contact or points, or PM me if you have any questions.

Many thanks for your interest.

Julian

http://www.wantageband.org/

Please phone Eileen Sykes on 01235 767541 or asykes@waitrose.com

7. MartinT

MartinT Member

1st Trombone required

Wantage Band, recently promoted to the L&SC Championship section, require a 1st trombone player to join their busy contest and concert programme.

See www.wantageband.org for information about the Band and its activities.

Apply by email to aesykes18@btinternet.com, by telephone to Eileen Sykes, Bandmaster, on 01235-767541, or by post to:
    Mrs E Sykes
    18 Belmont
    Wantage OX12 9AS

8. BrianT

BrianT Member

Wantage Band (L&SC Championship Section), conductor Philip Bailey.

Due to college commitments, from September we will require:
    • Solo Trombone
    • Bb Bass
    • Bb Cornet
    Contact Eileen Sykes on 01235 767541 or aesykes18@btinternet.com

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
  9. BrianT

BrianT Member

Suggestion...

In addition to this helpful message in plain red text, would it be possible to add in a link that takes you straight to the last posted message? For example, ...click here to go to the last post

I know that there's a button in the thread listings that takes you to the last message, so the link would duplicate its behaviour. And I know my example link here is a static link. What I'd really like is a link that automatically takes me to the very end of the list.
    Any chance of putting this in?

10. BrianT

BrianT Member

Wantage Band require solo trombone

Wantage Silver 'A' Band, L&SC Championship Section, conductor Philip Bailey, requires solo trombone player.

Please contact Eileen Sykes - Tel 01235 767541 or email aesykes18@btinternet.com

11. BrianT

BrianT Member

Wantage Band requires a solo trombone

Wantage Silver 'A' Band, L&SC Championship Section, conductor Philip Bailey, requires solo trombone player.

Please contact Eileen Sykes - Tel 01235 767541 or email aesykes18@btinternet.com

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wantage
    L&SC Championship Section
    Mike Pegram
    @wantageband.org
    Wantage Band
  13. BrianT

BrianT Member

New Vacancies at Wantage Band

The Wantage Silver Band (LSC Championship section, MD Phil Bailey) has vacancies for:
    • solo trombone
    • euphonium
    • first horn
    • bass (either Eb or Bb)
    The Band has a full programme of concerts, and invitations to both the 2012 Senior Trophy and Masters contests.

Please contact Eileen Sykes (01235 767541) email aesykes18@btinternet.com

14. Warren

Warren New Member

Hi Eileen
    I got a bit confused and hoped you help. I note your advert for a euph, and went to your website to find out which one. But it shows you have already got 2 euphs.
    Cheers
    Warren

15. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

The website showns 1 Euph and even I can tell that in the second picture the instrument is a Baritone, and I am a Cornet player.........

16. Warren

Warren New Member

I am not sure who this MJ Warman is, but he really doesn't appear to be very polite, does he?
    I assume he is not connected with Wantage band, so I am not sure why he has responded at all. I suppose public forums like this do attract the stranger sort...
    Warren

17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

He is perfectly correct though (and definitely not a 'strange sort'...). And is also an ex-Wantage player and local to the area (as am I) - hover over his "Playing Experience" button to see. The latest I had heard is that the chap (Matt Sanders) holding a euph on the website (who was on 2nd euph previously) is now on 1st baritone. I don't know what the exact euph situation is at the moment, but I suspect strongly that the solo seat is available to the right player.

But rather than waiting for someone from Wantage to happen by here with an official pronouncement while getting antsy with others who try to help in the meantime, wouldn't it be best to just ring the number given above, and ask in person? Eileen and Alan Sykes are very friendly people...

18. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Thanks Dave!!

Good luck on filling the seats Wantage!!

19. RamasII

RamasII Member

Hi All,

Euph position is filled now.

20. RamasII

RamasII Member

hi All again,

Further update...Horn position now filled also...when your lucks in its in!
    :)

21. Warren

Warren New Member

I wasn't getting "ansty" with Wantage. I genuinely wish them all the best. I was confused as the vacancy section of their website did not show any euph vacancy, despite the position on the 'players' section. I was trying to get clarification. Then MJ Warman stuck his nose into it, when it was none of his business (I guess it shows what kind of person he is!!). And was also rude about it, hence my response. But as the euph position is now filled, I won't need to ring the Sykes' (yes I know that they are friendly as I have had contact with them before - hence partially explaining my interest in Wantage band and allowing me to initially feel relaxed in asking them a question, knowing them to be approachable, until MJ Warman stuck his huge, unwanted, nose into it.
    Now they have a replacement for Stephen Didcott and have filled the horn position it seems they have a bright future. That's great.

22. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I must apologise to Wantage band for this and I would strongly urge the mods to possibly delete the few posts in this thread (including my original one) that take away from the subject, but.....

If you would look at my original post on face value 'Warren' you should be able to see that it was a light hearted joke. I do not appreciate having my integrity and personality insulted in a public forum, nor do I feel that I deserve it.

I would suggest that if you want to get anywhere in this world (metaphorical, just in case you think i am talking about transport), I would suggest you not jump to conclusions and then insult the size of people's noses, For all you know I could have a massive complex about my nose and that might have sent me over the edge...... (this last bit is sarcasm, but maybe I shouldn't have to be spelling these things out)

Also, when mentioning the word "ansty" I believe MoominDave was talking about your attitude towards my "joke" or me, and not your attitude towards the band.

Anyway, congrats to Wantage and I hope the Trombone and Bass seats get fillled soon.