Wallace & Gromit Theme

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by johnmartin, Nov 17, 2006.

1. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Was watching "Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit" with my son last night, what a great movie. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had done an arrangement of the theme music from the movie. The movie had the obligatory orchestra playing it but the earlier DVD release of "3 Cracking Adventures" has a brass band playing it. Have already checked Just Music but couldn't find it. I know Sandy Smith has done "Chicken Run" from the same studio so was wondering if perhaps he has done this theme too.
  2. There is an arrangement, it's under the title of the first movie, 'A Grand Day out'

as Wallace would say - Cheeeeese!
  3. davidsait

davidsait Member

4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I think Wallace would much rather say something like 'Cracking Arrangement Gromit'
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Chicken Run is kinda fun, too.
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I think its actually out of print, so you might struggle to find it. Wigston have it in their library so I can find out who it was that arranged it.

As I remember, its not a great arrangement, but I suppose it depends on what you want to get out of it.
  7. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

It's arranged by David Beal and was published by Headline Music, but as Wooden Flugel correctly stated it is no longer available.
  8. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I cringe and hide when it comes out! ;)
  9. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Bring out the gazoos!!
  10. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I was on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales last week and visited the Wensleydale Cheese factory. They're not cashing in on Wallace and Gromit at all.....
  11. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

I would love to see a new arrangement based on the were-rabbit film. The music was written by Hans Zimmer (of Gladiator etc). Alot of it is obviously based on the original theme, but there's some 'cracking' other stuff in it too.

Would make for a recognisable piece for the audience, but also should still be a great piece to play (unusual for most arrangements of this type for brass band)
  12. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Don't forget "The Wrong Trousers" either.

From what I remember, the music for that sounded like an orchestral brass ensemble (10-piece?) rather than a brass band. Impressive playing though!

I don't remember noticing any mention of a brass ensemble in the film credits, so I suppose it must have been a group of freelance players brought together to play the score.
  13. dalizzie

dalizzie New Member

I have done a new arrangement of the theme tune as part of a medley of TV themes.

Obviously it is still in copyright so I will send it off to a publisher and see what happens with regard to a licence.

Watch this space as they say!