Walking out jackets supplier wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by BIG Paul, Jul 29, 2005.

1. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Can anyone recommend a supplier of walking out jackets (preferably made to measure) in the north west. we have just received a nice grant for some new jackets but are having dificulty finding a supplier
  2. MattB

MattB Member

Where did you get the grant from? Come on, share the love!!
  3. euphiwoo

euphiwoo Member

if i remember rightly, we got our new job lot of walking out jackets from slaters of manchester a couple of years ago. They did eveything from coming down to several rehearsals to show colour choices and take measurements etc to ensuring that the logo was as we wanted it. The final outcome is great but rather on the expensive side as i remember although well worth it!
  4. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Try Leisureware direct from buxton........... ex banders too! :)
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Not made to measure, but our walking out jackets came from a supplier of "workwear" garments (ie building society uniforms and suchlike). They look pretty good, and are teflon coated so they have a degree of waterproofing (ideal for rainy Remberance parades). The suppliers were able to offer an embroidery service and the jackets were substantially cheaper than made to measure ones. Only problem is that the colour choice is pretty limited - dark blue and black is about your lot as I remember.
  6. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Crest Identity Ltd
    Stockton Rd, Hartlepool, Cleveland TS25 1RW
    Tel: 01429 233533

Not in the North West I know but they do travel all over the country to supply jackets ect. They're a workwear firm also but they have a great range of Jackets ect. We bought our walk out Jackets, ties and stand banners from them. They do all the embroidery ect. Thinking back our jackets were very cheap and best of all you can chuck them into the washing machine. If you need to get in contact with them ask for Graham.
  7. alanbry

alanbry Member

Would be interested were you got grant from. I tried Awards for All and was turned down.
  8. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Grant is an ongoing grant courtesy of Tameside council
  9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

If you're in an ex coalfield area try the CoalField Regeneration Trust. They paid for our walkouts and the junior band uniforms
  10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Handley's! He's the man! He came too our band and measured us all up :D and we just got our new jackets!
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

*checks inside of band jacket* Yeh he did ours aswell! And hes nice :)