Walking Out Gear

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andylockett86, Jan 13, 2007.

1. andylockett86

andylockett86 Member

If your band's walking out jacket is black, what colour should the pants be??????

2. iaindrum

iaindrum Member

Underpants ?????

3. andylockett86

andylockett86 Member

i'm sure the girls in the band would have something to say about wearing underpants-obv i meant trousers

4. EuphStar

EuphStar New Member

they should be grey, but not too dark.

ps a dog pants, a man wears trousers

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

our walkouts are black and we wear black trousers with them. any other colour and you tend to get problems matching shades for different sizes

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I personally can't see the point. Apart from the added expence, bands have to mess around getting changed before the gig, getting changed before playing, then getting changed again to go home. The only bonus I can see, is that when the band is responsible for criminal damage, the pub knows where to send the bill:biggrin: .

I'm not playing with anyone at the moment due to work committments, but when I am, my walking out gear is usually jeans and a tee shirt!

7. oddbod

oddbod Member

I think you should sell the jackets and buy something useful - but that's why I'm called Oddbod.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can see the merit in having walking out jackets to identify you as a band, and to look smart whilst saving the stage jackets for the contest itself, but I don't see the point in having to have a second pair of trousers. As has already been said, it involves unnecessary changing and messing around.

Alternatively, why not go for a polo shirt or similar, and combine smartness with comfort and a more up-to-date image?

9. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

And you don't have to mess around getting changed before & after when you're walking out gear is jeans & a t-shirt?????????????:tongue:

Having a walking out uniform where you keep the same "pants" on (I call them pants too ;) ) is definately easier option. One less item for forgetful players to leave at home!

10. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We keep the same trousers and shirts on, we just change the bow tie for an ordinary tie and the very expensive stage jacket for the cheaper more practical walk out jacket. It looks smarter and we also use the walk outs for outdoor concerts which saves wear on the stage jackets. Also the majority of stage jackets are dry clean only. Our walk outs are teflon blazers meant as school uniforms but they can be chucked in the washing machine. Much more practical when your likely to get beer spilt on you in a crowded bar or when rather drunken individuals fall over in the mud on their way home or throw up. Admittedly the latter is not something we expect of our members but it will happen with 1 or 2 individuals in any band.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    jacket
    colour
    pants
    Walking
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

All been well we will be wearing our walking out uniforms at Butlins next weekend so you can see ours.
    It all depends if they will be ready for us to wear:confused:

13. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

My band has a black jacket with light grey trousers

14. ssmith

ssmith New Member

My pants are usually different colours if I wear them on the outside I would look like Batman or Robin (that would be a good theme for Butlins).

For me it has to be yellow with red polka dots!!!

15. rebecca

rebecca Member

Hi Andy, ur lucky enough to have jackets! we, as you know, have polo shirts but we wear them with blacks "pants" and I suppose we look quite neat, lol!

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Black Jacket? Then it has to be grey trousers. Shouldn't be black trousers, or it will just look like a cheap suit. :)

17. BrianT

BrianT Member

James Brown

Saw the James Brown tribute on the telly. His band were dressed up like a brass band - bow ties, tassly epaulettes and everything. Looked a bit odd to me - deeply funky band looking like they were about to do a park job.

18. brasspistols

brasspistols New Member

Walking Our Gear

When you say 'pants', I assume you mean trousers and not undies?

Definately GREY for me if wearing black jackets.

19. stopher

stopher Member

Allright Andy

Black trousers got to go with grey for me but as long as your walking outs don;t resemble this

Attached Files:

20. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Yes, I would say grey trousers with a black jacket. As long as it doesn't involve having to change to go on stage.

I once walked unsuspectingly down the stairs at the Leamington contest (notorious venue for having no changing space as many of you will know) and came face to not quite face with a scarily pantless (outer pant only that is, thank goodness) band that shall remain nameless. It wasn't pretty :lol:

And also, there's nothing worse than ending up with someone else's pants during the confusion :eek:

21. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

LOL! Nicely put!

I don't see the benefit of having different colour trousers (pants?) in a walking out uniform. I pushed for years for my band to get ours - eventually we got some nice teflon coated blazers from a corperate uniform place which are washable for the inevitable mud/beer/puke/curry stains which happen on any given contest day. Ours are a dark blue and they look fine with black trousers which is pretty important as I would hate to be faffing about changing my pants from grey to black before a contest.

We use them for other stuff too - the remeberance parades and odd carol jobs where uniform is needed. Perhaps a good job as our stage jackets are a fairly light blue and dry clean only!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    jacket
    colour
    pants
    Walking