Wales v England Six Nations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by welshraz, Feb 3, 2005.

?

Who will win the opening 6 Nations Game on 5th Feb

Poll closed Feb 9, 2005.
  1. Wales

46.9%
  2. England

53.1%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. welshraz

welshraz Member

It is sooooooo unfair! I have been trying for ages to get me some tickets for this match and then my jammy friend comes along and wins two!!! And she doesn't even like rugby that much. She's taking her husband......but I want to go!!! Why can't I win tickets? Stupid non-contesting winning me!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Six Nations
    England
    Wales
    x :x :x :x :x :x
    match
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

6 nations tickets are like rocking horse poo. Unless your a member of a club, get corporate tickets or win them you've very little chance of getting any unless you want to fork out £250+! (believe me I've tried!).

Oh and England by 7

4. welshraz

welshraz Member

No way!! With all those injuries.......Wales by 5!!

Cymru am Byth!!

5. Fergus

Fergus Member

There, there, there......don't be too upset. At least your team should win at least one game !!! Scotland need all the help thy can get.

6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Its going to be a tight one no question.Wales have been on great form during the autumn internationals , running the southern hemisphere sides very close.Their motivation will count for a lot and we are still looking jaded and lacklustre.

As for eventual winners of the title /slam , I reckon Ireland could do it this year although hope to be proved wrong and see England finish at the top.

7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Never underestimate France either, one of those teams who can turn it on one day and then have a stinker the next, but very dangerous never the less.

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well you can see it the same as me on the TV:)
    Garanted FREE SEAT at no cost, beeror what ever to drink , no need to [pay expensive prices, what more do you want than
    ENGLAND TO WIN:)

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

As this seems to be turning into a prediction thread... I have taken the liberty to add a poll to the original post. Hope this is OK... check it out yeah...;)

Come on Wales....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, several years ago, my younger brother won two tickets to see an exhibition game at Twickenham before it was re-vamped. He asked me to go along. Now I have a passing interest in rugby union (prefer rugby league to be honest) so I agreed. Thing is, I cannot for the life of me remember who the match was between because we were plied with much free booze before the match! Still, was I complaining? No. And I got Rory Underwood's and Jeremy Guscott's autograph (which I wouldn't have done had I been sober!)

Still, in the unlikely event of Arsenal reaching the Champions' League final, I'll go for every blasted competition there is! :)

11. baribari

baribari Member

Wales v England on saturday- and where will I be?

Yeovil.

Bugger.

Can't tell you what time (pre draw and all that) but the results are out tea-timeish (I believe) and I for one will miss them as I will be trying to watch the game. A Welshman in Somerset on Wales v England day. Good if we win, not so good if we dont (the rugby I mean, although this applies to the Contest as well).

Furthermore (rant...fume) there is a possibility I wont be able to watch the end of the match because of the bus drivers' hours!!!!!!!!

The things I do "for fun".......:x

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Six Nations
    England
    Wales
    x :x :x :x :x :x
    match
  13. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I feel there may be some foul play going on here!! The thread's only been read 47 times but Wales's been voted for 102 Times!!

14. TheMusicMan

OK, OK ,OK.. I've been busted....:):) Was waiting for someone to spot that... abuse of Admin power eh...:) Will reset now.:biggrin::biggrin:

15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Haha, I thought that might be the case. Sneaky :evil:

16. TheMusicMan

Gotta have a laff on times eh Bryan...:)

17. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

England by 3 is my guess.

I really don't like the idea of giving an 18 year old centre a place in the starting line up. Yes as a replacement at somepoint, but I think there could be one or two errors from him, however, Jason Robinson will be there to clear up any problems!!

18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Yeah, lots of weekends of watching rugby boys, hurray!

I do home the Welsh boys do us proud :)

19. rutty

rutty Active Member

It's going to be the closest 6 Nations for a long time I think. Wales, Ireland, England and France can all win it on current form, whereas Scotland and Italy will be fighting over the wooden spoon.

I'm thinking that Wales may just pull it off, but I'm thinking England by 7. :)

20. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Is Wilko still injured? If not, we'll win, if so...well, there's always Robinson.

21. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I reckon this is Wales' year but it's bound to be a close match. Wales by 3 is my guess.

I'm not convinced that anyone'll get the slam this year. Ireland are looking strong, as are Wales and with all the injuries in the English squad it's unlikely that any one team will stand out. Should be a close championship. Right to the wire.

22. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I don't think Tait will be the problem, he's got a good head on him and he's playing with his club partner Noon so that should make him a bit more comfortable. Weak spot is definatley Hodgeson, pray he doesn't have another shocker like he did against Oz. No Tindall this time to pick up kicking duties :-?