Waistcoats

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Marty999, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Marty999

Marty999 New Member

Hi

This is my first post so apologies if I am in the wrong place. I am looking to buy a number of plain black waistcoats for our band. Can anyone recommend a supplier please? Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    number of plain black waistcoats
    apologies
    band
    wrong place

Kinrao Member

4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Welcome Marty999! :hi

There is a dedicated maker of brass band uniforms which has been operating for donkeys years. They used to be called Brayshaws but were bought out by a company called Handley. I'm sure they could sort you out.

However, many bands nowadays are looking elsewhere because of the cost of Handley's British-made stuff. If it's cheaper stuff you're after, you might try an office/catering supplies company. Viking Direct often have work clothing in their catalogue and might be worth a look.

Best of luck!

5. Marty999

Marty999 New Member

Well impressed with the instant response!

Wow what a superb instant response!

Bass Trumpet - Handleys supply our uniforms and can offer waistcoats and Im' sure their quality is superb, but their minimum order is too high for us and we'd like something cheaper really.

Kinrao - I like the look of Get Shirty, worth checking out.

Cheers folks.

6. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I can highly recommend Get Shirty. When I was at the Scottish Co-op (about eight years ago) we changed from traditional jackets to shirts and waistcoats. At that time we bought all new waistcoats and shirts (plus extras) for the price of three stage jackets.

Good luck

7. TubaPete

TubaPete Member

I'd not recommend waistcoats to any band.

Dressing rooms are not good places to put valuables during a performance.

Waistcoats don't have enough pockets of the right size to let you take your valuables (wallet and mobile phone) on stage with you.

Pete

8. Metoo

Metoo Member

Have a word with Dave Ashworth at Fanfare North, he has supplied us with Walking out Jackets and Waistcoats at a price that makes others look very greedy.

They advertised on Tmp. Look for their top banner.

9. baritone horn

baritone horn New Member