"Voyage of the Damned" - what did you think?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Brian Kelly, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

OK chaps and chapesses - what did you all think of the Dr Who Christmas special, "Voyage of the Damned"?

2. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Not watched it yet Brian, recorded it so will probably catch it tomorrow :)

3. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Better say nowt yet, then!

4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I haven't seen it yet either as I am out of the UK. Will hopefully get a chance to watch it shortly after I get back.

5. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Brilliant. I think that David Tennant is the best Doctor ever!!

6. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Wasn't as good as I thought it would be :(

7. MattB

MattB Member

My god it was a million times better than the last two!!

8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

was ok. bit cheesy and predictable, and do wish they'd quit with the "love interest" which seems endemic in new doctor who episodes. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned by I prefered my Dr Who's to be slightly aloof from their companions.

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I noticed that Kylie Minogue stood on a lot of platforms to make her look taller :)

10. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I thought it was a good episode, apart from the "hosts" who always said information, then what they wanted to say. It got to a point where i was mentally sick.

Although, i never knew engines wer big balls of fire with rings of solar-molecular bio[roduct energy.

I say last year's was better and less serious. BRING BACK CATHERINE TATE!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Voyage of the Damned
    Christmas
    Voyage
    chapesses
    OK chaps
  12. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Loved it - they replayed last years one this afternoon, and I watched that too, so it was a good reminder. Although this years was minus the killer brass instruments - is that a good or a bad thing?!?!? ;)

I loved that London was suddenly left empty due to the previous two years happenings! Nice touch :)

13. Robhibberd29

I was disappointed, prefer the ones with decent baddies in like the cybermen, daleks etc. Anyway, must get back to my trainspotting!

14. Masterblaster jnr

And don't forget the killer xmas trees.

One question, it seemed to be cornets and trombones which made up the evil santa band, was that based on a true story? ;)

15. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It was prewatershed - they couldn't use baritones ;)

16. Robhibberd29

Yeah, like baritones are more deadly than trombones.....likely!

17. Masterblaster jnr

Oh, you can never underestimate the power of the person playing one. Also, baritone's have valves which could be used as triggers, what do trombones have?

(how random is this going to get)

I'm predicting a mod is going to say "TOPIC!" quite soon as i can't remember a discussion about the deadliness of brass band instruments ever taking place in Doctor Who.

18. Robhibberd29

A ha that's where your wrong my friend, that is how we got started discussing this, the killer band!

Trombones have triggers too, mine has 2, where have you been? dear oh dear! PLus we have a slide that doubles as a harpoon ;)

19. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Back to this year's "special" - very disappointed.
    Thought the bit with the Queen waving was completely unnecessary - a moment of cheese that could easily have been left out.
    If everyone has left London, who is Bernard Cribbins supposed to be selling his newspapers to?
    How ageist/sexist is the Doctor? He offers Kylie the chance to come travelling, but not the older gentleman later - double standards perhaps? (I would much prefer to see this companion than the Catherine Tate one that is returning next season)
    There were moments of excellence, but (as is so often the case with Doctor Who) there were more moments that had me behind the sofa - sadly cringing rather than hiding from the monsters.

20. Masterblaster jnr

I have been stranded in time and space somewhere in between the planets of Raxocoricofallapatorius and Gallifrey, occasionly floating into earth's orbit. In other words Huddersfield

21. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Thought it was the dullest, worst acted load of tripe I've seen since I was forced to watch last years.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Voyage of the Damned
    Christmas
    Voyage
    chapesses
    OK chaps