Vote for Emily

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davethehorny, Dec 10, 2011.

1. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Please can TMP'ers vote for my daughter Emily who has submitted a couple of recordings to the 'Next Brit Thing' Competition.

She is a 16 year old Cornet/Trumpet player who is hoping to make a career out of playing and is currently at sixth form at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset with the hope of progressing to either the Royal Academy or Royal College of Music to study trumpet performance.

You can listen to her tracks by following the links below. Please have a listen and click on the VOTE button.

Many thanks in anticipation.
  2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Dave, not being one to vote for something just at the asking, I've listened to Emily's tracks and a lot of the other tracks that have been submitted in her Region.

Yep, she's got my votes - good luck to her :tup
  3. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Thanks - it is hard for a Dad to be objective. I have spent the last seven years telling her that she is OK but needs more practice.

Too much praise doesn't do them any good in the long run.
  4. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Dave, set up a facebook group too and get it on the GBBA website if you can - they both really helped Rhiannon with the Ambition AXA Awards.
  5. VintagePete

VintagePete New Member

Likewise, too much criticism and little praise doesn't do them any good either. I spent my whole childhood trying to get just one word of praise from my father. Give her some credit, she would get my vote but I can't log in.