Vote for another bank holiday!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Well Worth It, Apr 28, 2004.

Do we really need another bank holiday?

1. Of course we do, are you out of your mind?

2. No chance, there's too much slacking in the UK.

3. I'm happy with the way things are. zzzzzzZZZZZ

0 vote(s)
  1. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

There is a chance the public can make St George's Day a public holiday!!!

Click on the link below to vote.
    The site needs at least 100,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday, and I know you lazy tMP addicts out there are up for that!!!!!

Pass the address on to whoever you can - obviously, the more votes the better!

We can have a tMPday......

GO ON!!!

GO ON!!!!!!!
  2. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

OH MY GOD!!

You can vote as many times as you like!!!!!!!

Well GO ON THEN!!
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I personally don't see the point, seeing as there's a Bank Holiday 2 weeks after... The odd day off uni is great yes, but when it's this part of the semestar I'd rather have lessons to keep up with the work!
  4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Suspect you may feel differently when you don't have half the year off in holidays...
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Of course it should be a bank holiday! The more the merrier I say! In fact, if I can have the whole of Spring off, I think that would be much better for morale!! :D
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

This is true...

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

On of the problems is that St George's Day is too close to the Mayday Bank Holiday. Perhaps we should go for St George's Day, scrap the Mayday one and go for one later in the year, Sept/Oct say, when there's a long spell without one.
  8. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Totally agree. Having spent 4 years in Scotland I felt a bit cheated when I came back down here as far as bank holidays go. We get a lot less public holiday than our European friends too.
  9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'm all for another bank holiday......means I get double time if I'm working :D
  10. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

anything with holiday in gets my vote.
  11. Soppy

Soppy Member

Last time I checked, the Conservatives said that they would introduce tax free day or something as a bank holiday. It marks the day when, if you pay all your wages to the taxman from the start of the year, you'd finish paying your tax. It'd come in about June. Good time for a bank holiday me thinks :D
    So vote Tory :D :?
  12. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I take it this would be an English only holiday--why not be fair and have it the day after the regionals :lol:
  13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

In that case, since there are already so many bank holidays around St. George's day, may I suggest that St. Andrew's day be a better alternative? We all could do with a nice holiday at that time of year.. :D
  14. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I vote for another Bank Holiday to celebrate St George - and keep the other bank holidays in May!!! We had a concert last Friday to celebrate St George's Day and it was a pretty patriotic atmosphere!
  15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

since you all celebrate St Pats day more than any other saints day, why not have that as a national holiday? Or at least the morning after when the effect of 12 pints of guinness and 200 rounds of Danny Boy really kicks in...