Vonny's & Keely's adventures down under!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by vonny, May 22, 2006.

1. vonny

vonny Member

G'day evryone!

Arrived in Perth in the early hours of Sunday morning (oz time) after a long flight and 'hot' overnight stay in Dubai.
    Explored Perth city on Sunday courtesy of the 'free' bus service they run, and very effecient i might add - unlike in the UK lol. It was a hot day - about 27c and that's supposely the commence of the Australian winter haha. Managed to find a Mcdonalds so had to sample the delights, although the burgers aren't as nice as they are in the UK. Then it was off for a wander round the Hay St shopping Mall - it was like a mini Manhattan, we even managed to find a $2 store where we pick up loads of bargains. After a long and tiering day we decided to head back to the hotel, Keely watched TV for a while and fell asleep.

Monday 22nd May

Woke up early this morning about 6.00, but managed to get ready and head for breakfast, very nice to and the aussie sausages are a specially i think ;) (beat that one Mr Perks). In Fremantle as we speak, a fishing village just a few miles outside of Perth. It's another nice day - although some rain is forecast for later tonight.
    Well guys it's time for us to go now - but i'll keep you up to date with our adventures.

Take care and God Bless

Yvonne and Keely xxx
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Glad to hear you both arrived safely - Take care.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There a whole day and not yet linked up with a band :eek: ;) :D
  4. vonny

vonny Member

G'day Peter

I am certainly linked up with a band as myself and Keely are getting collected from our hotel to go to the rehearsal at Perth City Silver Band on Tuesday evening :)

It's great having a computer based in the hotel as i can keep an eye on you guys just when you thought i was a million miles away ;)
    I will post some more adventures on Wednesday morning when you are all tucked up in bed.

Take care Yvonne x
  5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Glad you are enjoying yourselves. I am going to Brisbane 1st July to 28th and counting the days now.
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Hello Vonny Me Darlin:
    So you prefer the AUSSIE SAUSAGES :(
    Well all i can say you bring me one back and we will compare who makes the best one,
    But make sure they are fresh and not half eaten by one of those Crocs out there:biggrin:
    Have a nice time anyway:clap:
  7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Hey Vonny dont for get i get up at 4ck in the morning for work so we are not all tucked up in bed :biggrin:
  8. vonny

vonny Member

G'day everyone!

It's 9.40am on Wednesday, a glorious sunny day in Perth WA and myself and Keely are about to embark on another adventure down under...

Tuesday 23rd May

We awoke to the sound of a thunderstorm, i can't remember hearing thunder which was so loud. It rained for most of the morning but it was still humid. The sun finally began to show mid afternoon :) Our travels today started by boarding the red cat - one of the free bus services which take you around Perth. We got off the bus at central train station and then travelled along the Midland line to East Perth train station to book our tickets to visit Kalgoorlie on Friday. Kalgoorlie is known as the gold town - which today you can still find gold. We then boarded the bus back to Perth city were i had an appointment to have my hair done - a ladies must have eh? I am very pleased with the result and i look more beautiful than ever ;)
    Then it was off to Perth City Concert Band, my transport arrived at 7.30pm and off i went. I played trumpet, but i found the blowing a little tough, although i did well and have been invited to go back next week.
    Well guys must go now, take care and God Bless

Yvonne and Keely xx
  9. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Glad your having a nice time hun, bring me back a kangaroo :p
  10. vonny

vonny Member

G'day everyone!

It's Friday 26th May at 4.05pm. After a 7 hour train journey from Perth we have arrived in Kalgoorlie which is in the middle of the Australian outback. The weather is warm, although looking down the road there are no stores in sight so it's a case of staying on the road and not walking to far away from our hotel. I have just recieved a phone call from my friend Anne who plays in Perth City concert band to tell me i have been invited to lunch on Sunday - an aussie barbie :)
    It's difficult to believe sometimes that i am miles away from home, people are so friendly. The only time i feel like i am in Australia is when i see the miles and miles of outback beyond me.
    Myself and Keely are staying overnight here and will be setting off on our journey back to Perth at 7am tomorrow (aussie time)

Take care and God Bless

Yvonne and Keely x