Viva this the hardest contest march ever?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Anybody played this march, we had a run through it last night. I thought it was a good march but how difficult is it :shock: :!:
  2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I love this march, and can never understand why nobody ever seems to play it! Not convinced its the hardest, but its certainly one of the most interesting to play (for the middle of the band anyways)
  3. Blagger

Blagger Member

Yea I've played this.
    The Euph part is very busy but The Wizard runs it close for "hardness" :lol:
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I wonder how difficult the winner of the Mouythpiece march competition is going to be?

(Unless I win, in which case I know!)
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... which reminds me, here's the link - come on, get your entries in...;)
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

But has it got a couple of beats' silence for an optional trombone solo :?: :oops: :wink:
  7. jambo

jambo Member

Surely you know how hard it is if you had a run through it. :?:

I like it but from the one time I played it years ago.

Anyone played the 'Coloured Patrol'? March

Got it out for a laugh on tues. Bass solo is hilarious more like a 1920's Golliwog cake walk. Genious but had to stop the band for laughing. Could be one for durham day. Ha ha
  8. Dave1

Dave1 Member

A certian Mr Wrimmer was conductor of Tullis Russell Mills Band for many years and we have many old, almost obscure, marches of his in the library. If anyone has a real old favourite I don't mind looking it out for you if we have it, if you would like to borrow it.

Played areal old one last year at Carnegie (old age, can't remember the name) - the band didn't really like it but the adjudicator did and that's what counts. :wink:
  9. peasantband

peasantband New Member

What is this, the Viva Rimmer march? Rimmer is the composer no? SO is it like the arrangement of many for his marches or celebration of his work?

Is interesting to learn more of the English marches. We hear the popular ones much but never like this.
  10. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Nah I meant, how difficult is it!!!, as in its quite difficult :oops: :)

As for a busy euph part, hell yeah! Mind is also dodgy when half the part isn't legable, well thats my excuse anyway :p
  11. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I hope so, I'm practicing my cadenza as we speak. :lol: :lol: :wink: