Visiting London 15-18 september

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jan H, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I'll be in London from September 15th to the 18th.
    Anything you can recommend during that time? I'm not expecting there will be any brass abnd concerts during that time? Of course I'm going to have a look at the Royal Albert Hall. Any other brass band-related must-sees?
    Maybe someone even wants to meet the Evil Foreign Moderator?Just let me know :)
  2. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Sometimes there are bands playing in the parks.

I don't know about brass band related places....but the London Parks are lovely.
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

You know you're always welcome to drop in on us, Jan, even if Oxford is not convenient on this trip.
  4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Fulham Brass will be rehearsing our entertainment programme for Whychaven - you would be more than welcome to pop in for a listen. We rehearse in Parsons Green (about 1 min walk from tube station on Wimbeldon branch of district line). Check out or call me on 07796530718 if you are around and fancy popping in.
  5. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

You'd be most welcome at the ISB rehearsal on Wednesday 16th September at The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters in the Elephant and Castle area.
    The rehearsal starts at 17.45 and there are plenty of chairs to accomodate visitors, it's very rare that are no visitors to a rehearsal.
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

No chance of stretching it over to the Sunday to hear Grimethorpe at St Johns Smith Square?
  7. Jan H

Thanks for the invitations! I'll try to fit them into the schedule :) What nights does Fulham rehearse, Simon?
    Unfortunately Sunday won't be possible. But I already heard Grimethorpe twice last year :)
    Oxford is indeed a bit out of the way for this trip, but whenever I'm back in that area, I'll surely let you know Dave.
  8. Martin

Martin Member

On Thursday 17th (8:00pm - 10:00), Regent Brass will be rehearsing their test piece for the Foikestone contest. The rehearsal room is above the conservative club opposite Willesden Green underground station (Jubilee line). Please feel welcome to come along.:)
  9. Jan H

my hotel is close to Baker street station. If i'm correct that's also on the Jubilee line?
  10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

11. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Rehearsal for Fulham

Normally Monday's but on the dates in question we are looking at holding additional rehearesals on either the Wed or Thur (or both).

If you drop me an email I can confirm the date ASAP.