Visiting Cornwall? Fancy a blow?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alanl58, May 28, 2005.

1. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Does anyone go on holiday with their instrument and the good intention of keeping their lips good condition by rehearsing with a local band - but never quite bothers to get in touch beforehand?

Here at Bude Metric Brass we would be delighted to welcome players of any ability who would like a challenging, but rewarding, evening rehearsing - followed by liquid refreshment at a local hostelry overlooking the stunning local seascapes and sunsets afterwards......... and perhaps joining us playing at the many summer events that the tourists have come to expect.

Sorry about the "advert" mods, but this is a genuine invitation to join in, which would seem out of place elsewhere on tMP.

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

No problems Alan. In fact its a good idea. If other bands would like to extend their invitations to any holiday makers that are visiting their area, please use this thread to do so.

So, if you are visiting North Shropshire during the Summer months (or any other time for that matter) and would like to pop along to
    Wem Band for a blow, just send me a PM to arrange times and details.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Talk to TopHorn!!-looking for a band to play with while in cornwall, but i thought looe to falmouth was a bit far for just one rehearsal??

TIMBONE Active Member

Julie and me have a reputation for this sort of thing! We went to Lincoln for our Honeymoon in March 2004, and we attended a rehearsal and played a concert with the City of Linclon Band! Good publicity for the band too, as both the Manchester Evening News and the Lincoln Echo caught wind of it, and we all had our 15 minutes of fame :p We made some new friends, including their MD, Derick Ward, and his wife Esme. It was really nice to return to Lincoln this year for our anniversary, and meet the band once again.

We also went to Llandudno last Novemeber, and attended both rehearsals with the Llandudno Town Band. Again, it really adds something to a break, and we look forward to meeting them all again later this year.

We are planning a trip to Shrewsbury later this year too, so look out Wem :)

Our itinary has not extended to Cornwall yet!, although Weston-super-Mare is happening in September, when Weston-super-Mare Brass will be part of a concert in memory of my Mother.

It is to be thorougly recommended. Whenever you are going for a break, find the local band's website, email them and ask if you can visit them, it really is a very enjoyable musical and social experience. It is not just confined to the UK either. I have known a few people who have visited Australia, found a band there, and it has been a highpoint of their visit.
  5. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Well, Bugle Contest is in a couple of weeks, anyone who can make it, its well worth going too (just as long as the weather holds!). I went 2 years ago played with lanner band on the march down and met Miss Cornish and litened to bands and sunbathed its a stunning contest!
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: yup i remember that ickle sop....
    And I'll be there again this year, as every year ;-)

and if anyone comes over to Wigan and are near to Coppull... then the Coppull and Standish Band would welcome anyone for coming in and joining us for a blow or bang!

Thank you :)