Virtuoso - Glynn Williams

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by persins, Nov 4, 2005.

1. persins

persins Member

I have just bought the Virtuoso CD by Glyn Williams and Fodens Band.
    It is fantastic. I struggle to comprehend that the chap can play each of the instruments to such a high level but hey, that must be the advantages of the so called "perfect embouchure".

I would highly recommend it to anyone. :clap:
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I agree with you - I bought mine from him on the Fred Rhodes stall at the RAH & got him to sign it. Not over-struck by his singing, but no complaints about any of the playing - I couldn't understand the comment sent to 4barsrest about "jack of all trades, master of none"! I'd be perfectly happy to have him in any of those parts in my band.

It's not been far from my cd player since then, particularly if I'm looking for something relaxing to listen to.

I'm moving this over to User Reviews.
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

He ain't bad at conducting either :clap: :biggrin:
  4. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

or singing!! :clap:
  5. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

We did a concert with Glyn last year and he played this piece. Absolutely amazing! Brought the house down and we had to play it again.
  6. I bought this the other week and it's an enjoyable listen.

He shows a quality talent on each instrument , I don't think he professes to be that good a singer does he? I think that's thrown on as a kind of fun section.

I witnessed him doing about 30 minutes at the nationals pre result concert and that was pretty special. Calon Lan sent shivers down my spine:)

It's in my cd player atm Peter. The quotes from somewhere about "jack of all trades master of none" ,that's so far off it it's unbelievable. He's got a better cornet sound than some actual cornet players ,nice flugel sound too etc..
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I just got it this weekend and listen...his singing was surprisingly good. It almost didn't sound like him, but then I kind of recognised his voice....well done.