Virtuosi Tenor Horns

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Bobzilla, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobzilla

Bobzilla New Member

I'm just getting to realise that half the reason I keep on splitting top notes is my Besson 752 (the other half being my lip) and that I could actually benefit from a better instrument.

Thus far, i am looking at Sovereigns, but have come accross this instrument. A lot of people keep saying that the 421 is very similar to the round badge B&H Sov, and they play very well. However I'm damned if I can find anything more on them.

I live and work in London, and don't want to go too far to try one (in case I really don't get on) but don't want to buy one over the internet, as I know full well that each one will be different, and I want to find 'mine'.

I have found First Brass in Northhampton that stocks them, but they appear to be more of a mail order operation. I have also found JP Brass in Somerset, but price appears to have gone up to £1,000, which is near enough second hand sov money, maybe a bit above.

Any advice?
  2. Bones

Bones Member

Go to First Brass's showroom and try before you buy. It isn;t a mail order operation at all. Speak to Shawn Pagington and he will be as accomodating as he can. He is a part owner in Virtuosi.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.