Virtuosi instruments- any experience of?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MattB, Feb 12, 2007.

1. MattB

MattB Member

Hi all,

I've been looking at these new instruments on the web and on the trade stand at Preston and have been very impressed. Does anyone out there in tMPland own/ play on a virtuosi, or have experience of them?

All feedback greatly received!

Matt.

2. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

Yes, I bought a cornet at Butlins and although I've just switched temporarily from horn to cornet, so very inexperienced on the cornet front, it plays really well and my cornet playing friends in band say it's great. I'm not an expert but it's been a good little instrument so far (and cheap!)

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Cornet Elizabeth?!!?!??!?!? :eek:

4. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

I KNOW I KNOW!!!! :eek:

It's for the good of the band and all that! I miss my horn...:(

5. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

also thinking of buying virtuosi trombone any one any experience with these

6. Veri

Veri Member

Aww - you're doing really well. But, I'm looking forward to you moving back over to sit with the baritones and horns for random chat/rude remarks!

7. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I bought a Virtuosi Rose Bell Flugel at Leamington.It plays absolutely beautifully.Even though it is not properly blown in yet.Top register is a little flat,but only above a top G.Lower register is weel in tune.
    My band cornet players had a play on a range of cornets and thought that they were'nt that bad.The cases are brilliant.Congrats to Shaun at Virtuosi for supplying quality and cheapness in your instruments.
    CubbRep.

8. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'm considering buying one of their Strad copy Eb/D Trumpets. Had a blow on loads of their instruments at Butlins and was quite surprised at how well they played, especially for the price!

9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

It's no secret that Virtuosi instruments are made in China, however, it is worth noting that most of our electrical goods are made in China nowadays, including the computer I'm on now! Most of the instruments are modelled on existing instruments from Besson, Yamaha and such like and are made to an extremely high standard. For those wanting a budget alternative to more established makers, then it's an ideal choice.

I tried out the Virtuosi Bb/F tenor trombone about a year ago, just before they started flogging them, and I was quite impressed. They do a Yamaha-type model and an open-wrap Bb/F which is loosely based around the dimensions of a Bach Stradavarius 42BO (heavier bell and more orchestral sound). I would certainly recommend the latter.

Those who are canny enough to put 2 and 2 together will have worked out that I'm an ex-GUS player (committment issues!) and that the managing director of Virtuosi is also band manager and 1st baritone with the band. However, my relationship with GUS is only an occasional one, now, so I'm under no obligation to steer anyone to or away from Vituosi.

If you have any queries, give Shawn Pagington a ring at the office. He'll be only too happy to offer help and advice on what is most suitable.

10. mdfreeman

mdfreeman Member

Virtuosi

At woodhouse we have 3 horns and a baritone. One of cornet players also bought herself a cornet. Very happy with the instruments. We have had a problem with a value on one of the horns which is being replaced.:tup

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Picc.
    money
    odd job
    picalo trumpets
  12. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Duncan, do you know how many in GUS play Virtuosi instruments? Does Shawn play a Virtuosi baritone or is he still on a sovereign?

13. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I have wondered this too... Good question. :)

14. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

If I mind right he was playing a Virtuosi Euph on last Easter's YABB trip to Luxembourg.

15. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

My Daughter has the Internediate Eb Tenor Horn and I have tried it.

She finds it just as good as the original Besson she had from the band and I have to agree with all the other comments the Quality of sound and the build is brilliant and the price is outstanding

I would certainly recommend one to anyone

16. Bass Trumpet

No idea, sorry.

17. ABERDEEN LOON

ABERDEEN LOON Member

The Wife plays their pro tenor horn and loves it.:clap:

Plays as well as any sovereign she has played on and better than the Courtois that our old band had. Well worth a blow to see how you like them.

I am looking to replace my trombone with a virtuosi one later in the year. Will say how I like it then.

Andrew

18. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

I have just bought one of the Bb/F open wrap bones at preston contest. I had tried the mid range model that a collegue has and was impressed. As I use this as a second instrument it is great value and I can get as good a tone from it as I used to from m 88H. This said though, if it was my primary instrument I would have gone for the Bach/Rath/Xeno/Conn option and spent the extra money-but for players that want a good quality instrument at a great price then I would strongly recommend these.

19. will enderby

will enderby Member

dose any body own or know if the picalo trumpets are any good to play ?

20. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I had a play on the picc at the stand at Butlins. I was quite surprised how in tune it was!

21. Bass Trumpet

Yes, we all heard you......:biggrin:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Picc.
    money
    odd job
    picalo trumpets