virtuosi bass trombones

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bobbyp, Jul 2, 2009.

1. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Has anyone played on any of the virtuosi bass trombones, either the VB-730L Bb/F Large Bore or the VB-731L Bb/F Bass Trombone. They are quite cheap and was just wondering if they were any good?? Looking for a good cheap second study instrument :)
  2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

I have a couple of Virtuosi instruments (not the ones you're looking at) and I think they are excellent value for money, far out-performing what you'd expect at the price.
  3. Bassbones

Bassbones Member

Not tried either but my cousin has a Bb/F tenor which was great value for money and she loves dearly and my significant other is using on of their mouthpiece which she also likes.
    Give Shaun a ring he's a top bloke and will likely be able to sort you a couple to compair.
  4. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I recently bought a Virtuosi Bb and F trombone for £100 off ebay as I am sometimes asked to play tenor trombone, and I think it's fantastic. The tone quality is great and I can get a better sound out of it than I could out of my old Bach Strad 42B, plus it is a lot lighter to carry!
  5. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

IMHO you should look at a single plug Yamaha such as the 321.....a good solid blow quality instrument, ideal when you need something a little lighter.
  6. tubagod

tubagod Member

my brother in-law tried the virtuosi bass trom some while ago, although he did find it easy to blow, there was a problem with the valves, they too close together, so you could´nt hold it comfortly enough if you had large hands... i dont know if they fixed this..

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Take it to a repairer, get them to bend the levers - job done?