Violin Concerto, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eflatbass, May 26, 2011.

1. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Well, it's actually the 2nd movement of Jeno Hubay's violin concerto number 2, and arranged for band rather than one soloist.

It is on my web site. The pdf score is free to print. There is audio too. Band parts, also in pdf format, are available free by special request to my email address.

Who was Jeno Hubay? Hungarian violinist, composer, teacher. Born 1858; died 1937.
  2. TonyW

TonyW Supporting Member

You audio examples

Hi Eb Bass,

What format are you using? Are they mp3s? I can`t play any of them, and wonder whether your web site is perhaps at fault, or my own audio. My systems have been ok through today until now 5.20pm.

When I click on your PLAY, the loading window appears very briefly (which seems unusual) with the blue progress bar already on 100%. My Realplayer then shows, with it`s progress bar moving as it should, but I get no audio.

Having just discovered your music, I`m looking forward to listening to your arr. :)
  3. eflatbass

It is saved and published as a midi file, so should play on any default midi programme. Perhaps other visitors may be kind enough to report back and confirm their ability to hear the audio.

I am not aware of any problems with previous publications.
  4. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I haven't had any problems listening to the samples. Only the quality is appalling! Quite honestly I wouldn't buy any of the music if I had to choose by the midi samples. I'm glad the pdf's are available on your page as well.

I might be interested in the violin concerto for my band since the accompaniment doesn't seem to be too difficult. Only the range for the euphonium seems quite high (to say the least) in some places.

5. eflatbass

A quick reminder that ALL my music is free.

The audio reproduction quality will obviously vary according to an individual's computer set-up, hardware and software.
  6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Got a plug in crash on FF 4, but can hear it fine in IE9
  7. eflatbass

Thanks for the feedback. Would you say that the audio was "appalling"?