Vintage Boosey & Co. Euphonium circa. 1900 for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by The Wherryman, Nov 18, 2011.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I have a vintage (antique, even?) Boosey & Co., Class A, 4-Valve Euphonium for sale. I'm looking for £250.

According to the serial number, it was made in 1900. On the bell, within a floral decorative engraving, it reads “Class A Trademark Boosey Compensating Pistons Boosey & Co. Makers 295 Regent Stt London, 59058”. It's in silver plate and has been converted to low pitch.

This instrument is in playable condition (but it ain't no Sovereign) and will be supplied with a mouthpiece.

The valves and slides move freely. The water keys all work, and the top and bottom caps unscrew as they should. The silver plate is worn in places, principally in the valve block area, but the plating on the bell is largely intact. There are a few very small ‘dings’, as would be expected, but no larger dents.

It comes with an egg-shell style top-opening hard case,which may even be the original one for the instrument. The leather ‘hinge’ is worn through, but the case still does its job of protecting the instrument. The carrying handle is still solidly secured.

I've uploaded a few photos and I have many others which I am happy to share with anyone interested in a purchase.

Personal collection would be preferable. I live near Norwich and would be prepared to travel 50 miles or so for a transfer, or delivery by courier can be arranged at a cost of around £16.

PM me if you're interested.

Attached Files: