Vincent Bach Grime Gutter

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alanl58, Mar 7, 2008.

1. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Has anybody had experience of these devices?

Where do they fit on an instrument?

Are they available for all instruments?

Are they effective?

2. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I have ones for my trumpet and Cornet (Bach) they fit on the bottom caps of the valves and stop any grime getting on hands/clothes. They are very effective, even though I clean my instrument quite often, so have very little dirt in there anyway. I don't know if they are available for other instruments, I haven't seen any?
  3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

It's not a Vincent Bach but is a Grime Gutter, I have one for Tuba, The ad said for Tuba or Euphonium, it's good as long as you remember to empty it before tipping the tuba side ways or upside down.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I'm trying to get my head around understanding why a trumpet/cornet/flugel player would need one, unless there was a fault with the valves. How often do you see cornet players complaining about splashes or drips from valves? Only use I can think of is maybe for storing the trumpet over a period of time and valves eventually draining.
  5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I see them as more a large instrument accessory ( Euphonium / Tuba )
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I have used one, and they are great on a Bari - although after a while i reverted back to the old faithful flannel rolled up as it has been since i started playing - I was alwasy worried about the dampness from the valves staying clsoe to the silver and doing some damage, especially as a I have a new instrument.
  8. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

I can put you onto the manufacturer as its my old partner in Camborne B Band, John Adams (brother of Len Adams owner of Trevada Music) he designed the trap for tubas originally,we play badminton once a week so i can contact him with ease. I think he supplied the one to Aussie Tuba by the look of the piccy/jpeg
  9. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Yes, a baritone device that stops the valve discharge dripping onto my trousers would be great!

10. jenzi

jenzi Member

I use one on my bass. I was told it was meant for Euphonium but fits fine. It's great but you must remember to empty it before you put your instrument down. It will either go all over you or all over your instrument!
  11. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

alanl158 i will get in touch with John Adams over the next couple of days and get back to you Ta Dave
  12. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member