Video games... I might be 42 but....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

.... Tiger Woods 06 comes out this week and I can't wait!

So there :tongue:

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Given up on Arran's real thing, then? :rolleyes:

3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Odd's on you needing to upgrade your graphics card, for the latest version ;) When I bought 2005, it cost me £26 for the game, and a whopping £70 for a new graphics card. I was quite happy playing with a fuzzy screen, until I realised that computer graphics had advanced since the Atari 2600 console :rolleyes:

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

On an XBOX?

;)

No Will, I haven't given up on the real thing. But it's the only chance I can hole out in less than 7 over par.....

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Fair point but you didn't specify, and I look stoopid now :mad:

Of course with not that much electricity to go round on the isle, there aren't many video golf machines in pubs ;)

6. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Do you realise the only difference from the 2005 version is a "New" spin control. That sounds like a waste of money to be

7. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Not saying that the game wont be good though cause it probablly will. The first tiger woods i tried was last years and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

That's the only main change, certainly. But taking on all comers from the past to present (and in the 'past' scenarios, you're presented with the types of club used then. How much difference that will make remains to be seen.

The reason I enjoy golf games anyway is that you don't have to think or react quickly with a whole load of button combos. No good at that. My reactions are too slow!

Won't be spending much in the way of cash for it anyway. Exchanging some games instead!

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Come up here and see! We've even got running water! :)

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I had a lot of fun with the 'Tiger Proofing'. Making it blow a gale, narrow fairways, deep bunkers.... and the ability to add the likes of purple fairways, black bunkers and red greens!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Video games
    Tiger Woods
    tongue
    week
    ca