Victoria Beckham straight in at no. 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The words 'mind' and 'boggles' spring to mind.

OK, who's going to admit to buying this single?

;-)

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

No way!!!

What is mind-boggling is the amount of promoting she's put in to this single - two videos, been on nearly every bleedin' chat show there was over the last month, a whole week on GMTV, a documentary on ITV on Xmas Eve. She then releases the single on what is traditionally the lowest selling week of the year and just about manages to beat the guy who came third in Fame Academy!

Time to give up woman!!!!

3. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Maybe she bought them all herself?

OK, so I'm not a football fan but I often wonder who has least talent, her or her over-hyped, over-paid, over-there (thankfully!) husband.

4. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

The fact she is an ex spice, Beckhams hubby and that the song has a video that would not be out of place on late night channel 5, probably had something to do with it.

Just shows what marketing can do

John

5. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Its just wrong!!!

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

What's on late on Channel Five? :shock:

I think she's trying too hard, but to get 3rd's still good.

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds like you watch to much telly matey! :lol:

8. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Truth is, she needs the sales, or else she's dropped this year.

Only one Spice Girl had REAL talent. Mel C.

9. MattB

MattB Member

And even then Mel C might have had the vocal talent, but sadly not the talent that matters, know what I mean (he said in a filthy Sid James-esque way!!)?

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

Christ, I had managed to wipe the spice girls era out of my head until that frightful reminder.

Until 3mins ago Posh was just Mrs Beckham, Mel B&C were just those lesbian singers and Baby was just that cute blonde bird! Put them together though and you get the biggest mistake of the 90's!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Victoria Beckham
    boggles
    words
    spring
    mind
  12. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

It's usually disaster documentaries isn't it :D

13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I loved the Spice Girls they were fabulous for what they were and unique at that!

Its just a shame that some of them actually believed they could sing (Mrs Beckham, you didn't get any lines when you were in the group...maybe there was a reason for this.......??)

Although that said Mel C is brill!

14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

victoria beckham is singing again??? really, i need to start reading the sun again...

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

That's not how I would describe it... :wink:

16. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

quite so mr errr... fishsta. me and ada watched those spice girls once or twice, and melanie c could do these wonderful kick things, even sometimes she would end up with a touch to the floor, or a spin.
    wonderful. true talent indeed.

best wishes

uncle eric

17. our ada

our ada New Member

oh how i remember those cold nights in front of our telly dear eric, watching that music channel on the old skybox - tvm or something. the best night for me was when you persuaded me to try some of melanie's kicking manouvres - my you got hot under the collar - you haven't been the same since have you?

we even had to stop the subscription to the old skybox cos of the effect it was having on you. now we're back to watching stuff like vicar of dibley and other classics of modern telly, like ready steady cook, changing rooms and ground force - though you've even started to get some funny turns from watching that!

my, is that the time? better get your horlicks ready, it's very nearly bedtime for you dearest.