Vicki Reynolds - Guest Soloist 'A Celebration of Youth'

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by meandmycornet, Jul 5, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

South Molton Town Band are pleased to announce that Vicki Reynolds is appearing as guest soloist at our summer concert:-

'A Celebration of Youth'
    at 7.30pm on Saturday 15th July 2006
    at The Assembly Rooms, South Molton

Vicki will be performing a number of solos with the band, as well as conducting the newly formed South Molton Beginners' Band in their first ever performance which she will be preparing at a masterclass on the morning of the concert.

Tickets £6 (Concessions £3)
    available via PM, phone (01237-422414) or on the door
    also directions available if you need them.

Come and Join Vicki and the Band for a fabulous evening of non-'girlie' horn playing!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    A Celebration of Youth
    South Molton Beginners' Band
    South Molton Vicki
    Vicki Reynolds
    number
  3. eanto

eanto Member

I do hope you all have a suberb evening. I suspect this has been planned a while, and with a soloist of vicki's undoubted abilities - enjoy!!

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Wow - the start of a glittering career as a brass clinician! :clap:

Hope you have a great time!

5. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Has our fisrt rehearsal with Vicki last nignt. All I can say is WOW what a player!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
    We asked how she did it...
    reply "just press the valves and hope...."
    we do just the same, but it doesn't sound like that!!!!:dunno

Anyone in the North Devon area come and be stunded on Saturday 15th!!! :tup

By the way three horns free to a good home...............we're giving up!

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'm planning on coming, as is Dave T. and Kath from the Legion. I'll have your horn Liz, I could use a spare. :)

7. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

It'll be great to see you Dave - I have a CD of the band I should have sent you, to thank you for helping us out at Minehead. I'll make sure I bring it. Glad to hear Dave T is coming as well!!!! and of course Kath.

All these horn players, cos there are more who've booked tickets, who will be amazed at what the horn actually can sound like!!!

Pass the word around its going to be a great night! As well as the fantastic Vicki, we have the great Charlie Fleming from Lymstone conducting us!!!

Most of the band are threatening to put their houses on the market and move to the other side of the M5 :eek: It would be easier if Charlie moved our way - look out Lymstone!!!!! ;) Although I have to say, the man lives, eats, sleeps & breaths for Lymstone so I don't think we have a chance!

8. jim

jim Member

Just to whish you all the best my friend vickster.

Im soooo proud of you.

James

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hope today goes well - I have been debating having a day out and coming to listen, but I think South Molton is just too far for a day trip! I'll have to wait until Vicki does her first world tour - hopefully then she will come nearer to wherever I am at the time! ;)

10. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I hope the concert goes well tonight! I would have liked to have come, but it's St Agnes's principal cornet's charity concert tonight (he need's to raise lots of money so he can climb some sort of mountain in aid of children with leukaemia), so I've got to be there instead!

Maybe next time though ;) :D

11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Why do people think it would be nice to pay friends a 'surprise' visit? So instead of going to a nice concert, I had to stay home and pretend I was glad they'd dropped in. Fools.

Anyway hope it went well, sorry I didn't get there.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    A Celebration of Youth
    South Molton Beginners' Band
    South Molton Vicki
    Vicki Reynolds
    number