Vicar Of Dibley

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HorniKaz, Jun 3, 2005.

1. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: :clap: Smithills School Senior Brass Band have been asked by composer Howard Goodall to record a new version of the theme tune to The Vicar Of Dibley. This is great news as there will be a CD brought out later in the year by EMI & the band will receive royalties.

So, a big congratulations to Chris Wormald & all my ickle buddies at Smithills including matti_raz. What a scoop eh?! Smithills version will be heard on the Christmas specials commissioned by the BBC :clap: :clap:
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  2. NeilW

NeilW Member

Well done!

Dibley's just down the hill from here: proper name Turville (Bucks).

3. SteveT

SteveT Member

I think you mean Royalties!
  4. HorniKaz

Corrected!! Thanks for pointing that one out!

5. madrich

madrich Member

Howard Goodall ROCKS!! Congratulations... I wonder if he's planning any other brass band work. Persuade him!
  6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

well done to chris and the band :tup
  7. lewis

lewis Member

No-one can argue with the success Chris has had with that band. I think it's safe to say the future of banding in Bolton is safe in his hands! Good luck to Smithalls and all they do.

HANNAH Member

Wow thats cool, I love the vicar of dibley!!!
  9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Congratulations to Chris and the band, strength to strength or what!!!!!
  10. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Well done Smithills!!! :clap:
  11. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

You'll have to let us know what where and when for the cd when it comes out. Well dom Smivies ! ! ! !
  12. Stunning work he has done. I've seem them at the schools prom at the RAH and they were a super band. Don't they have bands in separate school years there too?

I'd say banding is safe in bolton unless Peter kay takes up brass.

Is this the way to amarillo for brass anyone? :D
  13. HorniKaz

No they don't have bands in seperate school years. That would be Wardle (at least they used to, not sure about now!)

Unfortunately, banding isn't SAFE in Bolton. :confused: The problem is getting the kids to join local bands in the community. Hoover has just 4 members of Smithills within our ranks. A lot of the kids just simply don't have the time to play outside of school. They're extremely busy with the school band, that on top of their studies!! One local band just recently nearly folded, but thankfully that didn't happen & they are on the up again (fingers crossed!!) :clap:
  14. HorniKaz

Don't forget to watch V of D tonight. Not only do Smithills perform the music, Joanna Hurst (or is it Hirst?), principal cornet with Smithills and Hoover Bolton, is playing a star role during the service!! :clap:
  15. well done! congratulations! i also love the vicar of dibley and will be watching lol!
  16. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Just sat and watched it but didn't see Joanna, though I think I heard her :(
  17. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

yes watched it all and saw nothing of Joanna or the school band what a let down
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  18. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

The Band missed the deadline for recording the theme tune due to problem after problem; although Chris Wormald and Joanna Hurst are on Granada Reports tomorrow night explaining how they recorded etc.... and yes it was Jo being back by the fabulous Mr Goodall on Organ in his front room (trickery eh?)... she was in the church and if you looked real close you might have spotted her but not if you knew where and when she was....
  19. zak

zak Member

What a build up to expecting more good brass band publicity on TV but....... NO :confused:
  20. RThomp7462

RThomp7462 Member

I believe that any Royalties will be shared by the copyright holder (generally the publisher) and the composer. Generally performer(s) get a fee.