Very useful link and Info for any Togs on tMP - poster prints for £5.00

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 26, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

The online photograph printers have a superb bank holiday special offer on at the moment.

You can get full colour, matte/gloss huge prints of your fav photographs - up to Poster (30" x 20") / A2 size - for just £5.00 until midnight on 29th August. I have already ordered three and will be taking some pics of our new KCC puppies today and hopefully will have some more to send off. Here's the link if anyone wants to have a peek.

£5.00 Poster (30" x 20") / A2 offer from Photobox

I got all excited on Friday afternoon, as I placed the order at around 3:00pm and by 5:00pm I'd received an email stating that my posters had been dispatched!! They didn't arrive yesterday though, so I guess due to the bank holiday I shall have to wait until Tuesday now.

In any case, Photobox are an excellent site where you simply upload whatever digital images you want to get printed, and they can print on the usual glossy/matte paper, they can also do a whole manner of gift ideas such as mugs, notepads, cushions, on canvas, coasters, placemats, mouse mats, calendars and cards, handbags, etchings in glass; all sorts of fabulous stuff. Take a looksie, but I have to say that £5.00 for an A2 / Poster (30" x 20") is fantastic value.
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

THat's amazing! *Will order some posters for his flat next year!!!!*
  3. TheMusicMan

You'd best get a move on then Ben as the offer is only available until midnight tomorrow.

My prints arrived this morning, and they are awesome. I am submitting several more today and tomorrow of our new puppies. Super customer service too!
  4. Jasper

Jasper Member

Thanks for the tip-off John.....I ordered one over the weekend ...arrived this AM.....stunning quality. I am going to order some more tonight before the midnight deadline for the deal.

Peeps.....this really is a good deal :clap:

5. TheMusicMan

No probs Mike, I appreciate there's a fair few togs on here (me being a wannabe tog) and I thought some would appreciate the info.

I actually ordered another 6 last night just a few hours before the deadline.
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Errrr please excuse my naivety, but what the heck is a "Tog"?

After doing a quick (and careful!) Google search I've found the following possiblities:
    • Tog - Terry's Old Gits. Fans of a certain Mr Wogan who are of more mature years / outlook.
    Might apply to Mr MusicMan, but not really to HBB ;)
    • Tog - rating for duvets.
    Not likely then.
    • Tog - The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist.
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Is it short for photographer?!
  8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh yes!!

Yeah it must be yoof speak for photographers. I get it now. :rolleyes:

But as someone who has a wide and varied collection of photos of my right earlobe it's not really surprising I didn't know. :redface:
  9. The Blonde

The Blonde Member

In my youth photographers were known as snappers ....
  10. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Whatever they're called - I had my bank card stolen by an ATM machine - so missed out on the offer! Was well gutted - could have done with a few funky posters of me and my friends for my bedroom at uni! :(
  12. TheMusicMan

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Ben. I get informed regularly of offers they are running and I will update here or drop you a PM when I know what the next one is.
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

That would be great John - cheers! :)
    Still haven't got my replacement card from Abbey - they're so annoying I tell you!