Very nearly curry time again!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Owen, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Owen

Owen Member

Well - for those of us in Yorkshire, the 1st section areas are two weeks tomorrow (Saturday). Three cheers for Saturday contests, is what I say (although not if you work Saturdays and have to take a day off!). I can already smell the curry which will no doubt feature heavily in our programme for Saturday evening!

Will there be many tMPers also partaking?
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We can beat you as far as the curry goes, as we've got a curry night this coming Tuesday to help raise funds for our trip to Holland at Easter - all the curry we can eat and half the proceeds to the band, can't be bad :D
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I shall be in attendance both days of the Yorkshire Areas...entirely as a spectator... :guiness which means many pints shall be consumed!

i look forward to it...hope to meet some more fellow tMPers and enjoy an obligatory pint! :D
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I was slightly disappointed by the Kashmir last year and was thinking of heading up towards the Karachi this time. Are you guys planning to go back to the Kashmir - if so I may just have to do both!

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

defo meeting up with you Sunday as planned...
    And defo gotta have a pint and curry before my trip back to MCR... Look forward to it.... :D
  6. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Oh yeh...forgot to mention...on topic...I dont like curry. :roll:

7. Owen

Owen Member

I am not a big curry fan either - but the areas are my one time in the year when I do always partake. Who says the traditions in banding are dying off?

David - not sure where we will go yet - it will be probably be wherever we think they will allow 20 or so slightly the worse for wear banders to go! I am certain we will bump into you in the bar and point you in the direction of where we are headed.

Of course, given that our principal cornet player is still pregnant, I expect she will be eating a lot of curry over the next few days!
  8. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

This is not fair, I'm going to have to wait til the Sunday for my curry, unless I sneak out on Saturday night, sure the band won't notice me not being at practise!! :?
  9. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

our tradition is the chiense!
    we've got blackpool!!

cant wait, my 3rd ever contest!!

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'll be working myself daft at Yorkshire Areas as I am the official dentist for the weekend! So I'll be the one who's unreachable as I've given up on owt exciting happening and gone shopping!

And it's definitely the Karachi this year!

Rach x
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is that some fancy Italian dish then :?: :wink: :lol:
  12. Won't get away with that one Becky!!
  13. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

How about if you all come with me??
    Pre-contest curry! :D