very bored cornet player

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Mar 19, 2006.

1. hiya now im back to almost full strength, r there any bands that need a spare cornet player for any concerts, as i have plenty of free weekends where i tiwiddle my thumbs thinking of what to do.
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Maybe a bit more info would be useful here. Just a suggestion, but someone with horn in their username and advertising as an almost full strength cornet dep is pretty vague. Especially as you dont appear to have restricted the area you are willing to dep in.
  3. ok, full strength in meaning my operations, i'm willing to travel as far as need be anything above 70mile from manchester give me a bit of notice, and im capable of playing in any section or standard of band, but i will only play back row parts. (dont like play front row). i have been a tenor horn player since i was 4.(15 years playing tenor horn. im now playing cornet as there r very few horn vacances in this area. hope to hear from some thoughtful people soon
  4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thanks, still nothing like this but I guess its an improvement. Happy depping.
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Do you charge any deps fee's?

Are you looking for a full time band?

If you just want depping work we'll certainly bear you in mind (depping fee permitting of course), we have a full concert and contest program this year (including an appearance at the National Finals in Harrogate in September!!) and we'll be Yorkshire 3rd section next year.

You can find umpteen ads of ours in the recruitment corner (including the latest one looking for a back row cornet) that tell you more about us.

6. ohIdoliketobe

ohIdoliketobe New Member

Bring your partner for an exciting week in Malta this easter with Blackpool Brass.... a right twerp (very moderated thoughts here!) has let us down at the last minute. Details from Pauline on 01253 812792

Stu (chairman, Blackpool Brass)
  7. little_b_140

little_b_140 Member

We need a cornet player!

Arnfield Brass are in need of a full time back row cornet or horn player just for Whit Friday. We are situated in Tintwistle (near Glossop) and practise on a Wednesday evening 8 - 10pm.

If you are interested in either please contact me at

Hope to hear from you soon :)