Verwood is infected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Ha! At last Verwood makes National News. Not for its stunning Band or even its bowling club but yes we have a confirmed case of Swine Flu. So all those kind bandspeople who affectionately nickname us "Vermin" it looks like you were right after all.:frown:
    For those more sympathetic amongst you it is a school friend of the son of one of our Euphonium players and yes the school is closed and they all have tablets to take.
  2. leisa

leisa Active Member

awww Mezz. Thats not good!!!

I hope you dont have the swine flu, if you do I hope you did not pass it on to my other half in bournemouth the other week, I dont want the swine flu thanks ;)

Hope the little boy gets better soon
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

What happens in Bournemouth, stays in Bournemouth. :rolleyes:
  4. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Bournemouth? Pah! Like comparing a brownies camp to the dark side of life within Verwood
  5. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Now Wrexham's infected! :eek:!
  6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

We've known that for years.
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

Girl i work with got sent home with it. she rang nhs direct and they told her she had mild symptoms of swine flu. i honestly suspect she just has a viral infection or a cold when i asked her why they thought it was that she said cos she kept being sick and had stomach cramps they were the main symptoms except she is 17 yrs old goes out on the **** every night and has been sick with stomach cramps for the past 7/8 weeks = Me = not impressed. Will be really annoyed if they say I cant have my day off next week cos she wont be in to cover me!! :mad:
  8. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

3 people at my school have contracted 'swine flu'
  9. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

My cousin has it, she's been in quarantine but is making a full recovery. I have to be real careful with stuff like this at the mo after the chemo wiped my immune system out.