Vernon Building Society Poynton Need You!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by petec, Dec 29, 2003.

1. petec

petec New Member

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

VBS Poynton Band - making a new CD end of Jan 2004 + Area contest looming. - 1 Section. Need Basses.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2008
  2. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

Why not try to recruit the players by putting up posters at the Royal Northern College of Music&the University of Salford?
    You could also perhaps advertise at other universities/colleges which have music courses.

Big Gav
  3. Dolly

Dolly Member

Good thinkin batman :wink:
  4. horn1

horn1 Member

Good idea, why didn't I think of that! :shock:
  5. stopher

stopher Member

You mean to tell me you actually went in to uni and read the noticeboard????
  6. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

There were noticeboards at University? Surely they would have been better positioned in the Black horse, along the bar!!!!!!
  7. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

I only read them when I was dodging the lectures Chris!

Big Gav
  8. horn1

horn1 Member

Well we had to do something to make ourselves look busy! Lectures, what were they? Although I do agree that notices in the horse might have been more effective!
  9. Dolly

Dolly Member

in that case lets do it, do i hear an excuse for a trip to the pub?
  10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Lectures!! Do you not remember Alan singing then going oh I mean "chord" sorry I meant "another random chord". How clear could it be!!!! Notices on the toilet seat lids or the pool room floor would have been fab mind you. Oh those were the days...........

Edit: Surname deleted (RT)
  11. stopher

stopher Member

Alan's lectures were the best!!!!

I remember one that lasted for about 2 hours. After 90 minutes, one of the "Mature" students realised that Alan had completely ballsed up with the point of his lecture and told him in front of the rest of us.

As usual, we had been following Alan up to this point (!!!!) and I felt really sorry for him when it dawned on him that he had been talking crap and said we all might as well go home!!!

Fair play though, he was good in seminar groups but lost me in lectures!
  12. horn1

horn1 Member

More worrying was the fact that I managed to follow him in most lectures!!! Mind you I couldn't have explained the point to anyone else though! Those were the days!

It was very funny when Alan realised everything he'd said was wrong! I thought he was going to cry, I think he thought that he'd had this great new idea that was going to take the music world by storm! Oh well!!! :D
  13. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

OK Folks, we're miles off topic here and just to remind you the thread started with VBS Poynton Band making a new CD and looking for Basses!

Also can I remind you of the Rules Governing Posts:

OK then, back on topic.

14. Mofman

Mofman Member

Vernon Building Society Band require Bb Bass Player

VBS Poynton Brass Band are looking for a Bb Bass Player. The band rehearse Tuesday and Thursday in Poynton, Cheshire. Currently conducted by Alan Lawton who is taking the Band to the Nationals, in Harrogate this September. Friendly and dedicated 1st Section band.
    Why not visit the band's website for further contact details.

Ian Moffett
  15. Dolly

Dolly Member

Go on... you know you want to! :wink:
  16. Mofman

Mofman Member

Why don't you swap instruments and play Bass then we could find another cornet player. There's more of them!
  17. Dolly

Dolly Member

I dont think I cold carry a bass and it wouldnt fit in the car. Our bass players scare me and besides why do you want another cornet player we aint got enough female ones as it is, I know you love looking at my er back.
  18. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

i was thinking of swapping to bass but to be honest i moan about carrying my sop so i doubt i could be arsed carrying even the bass mouthpiece (which would be heavier porobably than my whole instrument!)
  19. Mofman

Mofman Member

Oi you two!
    Leave the responses for serious replies!
  20. Dolly

Dolly Member

Pot calling kettle comes to mind Mof youre the most argumentative person going