Venus Transit

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by NeilW, Jun 8, 2004.

1. NeilW

NeilW Member

Anyone else manage to see the little black dot on the projection of the sun this morning?

Neil.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Neil
    Venus Transit
    projection
    little black dot
    sun
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

No, but our beloved railway companies, never ones to miss a chance to invent new, bizarre excuses, have allegedly, in London, used this as an excuse for a train delay this morning!

(Maybe they thought it might lead to an accident 'black spot'.....)

4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Been a bit cloudy here today, and when they cleared, Venus was behind the LASCO C2 occulter.
    Right Laugh for me.

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

At sunrise here in Ohio, I got to see Venus with the naked eye. (The morning haze dimmed the sun enough). Then we got several good looks through a telescope and with a projector. Incredible :D

6. Nat

Nat Member

its been thundering here and cloudy so i missed it unfortunately but my boss was using it as an excuse for her perculiar behaviour- i say its her home planet calling her!!! :lol:

7. ratley

ratley Member

My computer has been playing up all day AND my toothpaste tasted funny this morning...

8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i didnt see it......... is that bad? :?

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

looked directly at it for a few seconds... all of a sudden there were hundreds of planets moving across the sun, and apparently across my vision for the rest of the day...

disclaimer: all of this is lies...

10. six pints

six pints Active Member

well, i was up at 5 45 this morn to walk nto middle of durham, but i was still drunk so had to concentrate on walking. so i missed it.

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I looked at it with binoculars and now there's two holes clean through my head!!!

Mods..any chance of developing braille tMP?

Seriously, just saw it starting on the news before setting off to tMP and work.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Neil
    Venus Transit
    projection
    little black dot
    sun
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I got it wrong again when they said look at it with the naked eye, I missed the word "eye" so watched it naked! Still just as well the weather was nice :wink:

14. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Don't see what all the fuss is about, I walk infront of the sun all the time!! :roll: :roll: :wink:

15. groovy

groovy Active Member

I couldn't see it - too cold and cloudy here! :? My physics teacher was all excited but we missed it. Oh well.

16. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

:shock:

17. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

my thoughts exactly :p

18. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Picture

FYI, I was digging through my newspapers and I saw this picture taken at Daytona beach. It is very cool. 8)
    [​IMG]

19. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i saw the transition of venus (or woteva its called) in school, in my science lesson, it was somehow projected onto a lickle piece of paper, and was pretty cool to see