Vented Valves

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andyh, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. andyh

    andyh Supporting Member

    I came across the term "vented valves" with regard to cornet/trumpet valve sets today. Can anyone explain how this works?

  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

    Find more discussions like this one
    trumpet valve sets
  3. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    or a little more here
  4. andyh

    andyh Supporting Member

    Thanks - very interesting. I can see how it might be possible to vent an existing valve by drilling a small hole in the appropriate place on a valve body(don't try this at home, kids!), but surely that's not how the valve-set makers would do it? Perhaps by slightly overlapping the ports so that the valve "leaks" in the up position?

    I'm pretty sure Bauerfiend (sp?) make vented valves but for the life of me I can't find a website...

  5. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

Share This Page