VBS Poynton Xmas Charity Concert, Fri 26th Nov, 7:30pm, St Georges Church, Poynton

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by gary@bear, Nov 24, 2010.

1. gary@bear

gary@bear New Member

The Vernon is pleased to invite you to a Christmas Concert at St George's Church, Poynton on Friday 26th November at 7.30pm.

The Vernon Building Society (Poynton) Brass Band guarantees to keep you entertained and have you feeling festive with an evening of live music in the atmospheric setting of the Church.

Tickets are great value at £6 each, which includes a complimentary glass of wine, and are available from any branch of the Vernon or by contacting jane.rogers@thevernon.co.uk.

All proceeds from the event benefit two local charities: The Wellspring and Stockport Cerebral Palsy Society :

The Wellspring is a resource centre for Homeless and disadvantaged based in Stockport. Over the last few years the charity has supported over 700 rough sleepers and homeless people into accommodation. They offer a range of services including housing support, health services and educational courses. To find out more please click here.

Stockport Cerebral Palsy Society was establised in 1953 by carers of children who had cerebral palsy and associated disabilities. They now support over 500 children and adults in Stockport, Manchester, Trafford, Tameside and Cheshire, who have a range of physical and/or learning disabilities and autistic spectrum conditions. To find out more please click here.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Poynton
    Poynton Xmas Charity Concert
    VBS
    Fri
    Vernon
  3. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

VBS Poynton Band started the season of christmas concerts with a charity concert put on by the Vernon Building Society in aid of The Wellspring (Centre for the Disadvantaged and Homeless) and Stockport CP (who support children and adults with physical and learning disabilities).

The concert featured a number of Christmas classics ranging from traditional items, including some very rousing carol singing by the audience, to the more modern items such as David Essex's A Winter's Tale. The band even featured its very own snowman in the guise of our Eb Bass soloist Mr Jimmy Tew who played an up-tempo version of Frosty the Snowman.

The concert raised well in excess of £1000, so a very big thankyou to all who came to the concert.

They will be working hard of the next 2 or 3 weeks with numerous Festive Concerts (including two this coming weekend). Please view our Concerts page for details and we hope to see you at some of the events!

4. les

les Member

Did your band want to borrow me for an xmas concert in december? I was contacted a while ago but didn't know if I was free and now have lost all contact numbers as my phone is rubbish and went to be repaired - so now lost most of my contacts. Give me a call if you still need my help :)

Tel; 07740 864676

5. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Hi Les

John Anderson was after your services as he is away until the 5th of December.

We are sorted now thanks.

Cheers for the message though.

I hope things are OK with you and the band.

Cheers Dave Johnson
    Vernon BS Poynton Band
    Percussion