Variations in CD prices..

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, May 27, 2004.

1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

just a small point here , just checked out a few websites , while on the look out for some Cd's.....
    going back to the Philip Jones Greatest Hits CD ( which I had in the post yesterday and is brilliant )
    Now looking at the Chandos Black Dyke CD'S from the 1970's and 1980's we have a massive difference in prices , from Virgin Online...£4.99 with free post and packing and from others £10.99 with post and packing extra.
    I would recomend Virgin online ( and thanks to Mr. Payne and Mr Woodman for the recomendation ).
    cheers

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

No problem!

Most of the old Chandos Brass catalogue is available in Virgin Megastores for £4.99 too, not just online. HMV (typical HMV) took ages to bring their prices down from full price, but still sell them for £5.99 (well, that's the case in the Oxford Street HMVs anyway!

Even Chandos Records website sell them for £4.99, here:

http://www.chandos.net/searchres.asp?Action=Label&LabelID=4&Last=0&Tot=0&counter=0

New releases however, (like the recent Center City Brass Quintet's Romantic Music for Brass CD) are full price, though, they being on the Chandos main label rather than Chandos Brass.

Can I take my BOC badge off now, please? ;-)

3. stopher

stopher Member

Not like you to BUY a CD Nick.

Ne chance I could have mine back sometime?!?!?!?

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

what CD's of yours do I have Chris?
    ta

5. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

With all this talk about CD's, can anyone point me in the direction of anywhere on the net selling Highlights from the Nationals 1992? or even which label it is on?

Cheers

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

hey Gwyn I have a copy on tape mate...will dig it out and bring it to band later...
    it is a polyphonic release..
    cheers amigo

7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Does anyone have a recording of Masquerade by CWS Glasgow, think it was the European Champs 1992 CD? (someone correct me if i'm wrong!)Or does anyone know where to buy it?

8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Might be a bit difficult getting a 1992 recording of Masquerade....it wasnt written till 1993.. :shock:
    CWS Glasgow played it at the 1999 European in Munich.

9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :D Well I remember Peter Bale talking about the recording of when Steven Mead was playing in it with CWS Glasgow.
    Soooo, does anyone know where to get a copy of the Masquerade played by CWS Glasgow at the European Champs 1999? :D