Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, May 22, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Dunno, but they wouldn't do it in Singapore.

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Also at the Whits they put barriers in the roads, threw rocks at coaches, and fired rocks at people too! :eek:
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I had the unfortunate experience recently of going to pick Lloyd and one of his friend up from a midweek birthday party being held at a local club. Lloyd (who is 14) called me, very concerned, that several older gatecrashers had joined the party uninvited, and he was being threatened and surrounded by these older boys. I immediately left to go get him, staying on the phone whilst I drove there etc...

To cut a long story short, as I met him and were gettinf into the car, we were pelted with stones, chunks of mud, and even a brick was hurled at me. I had no choice but to leg it otherwise I'd have been surrounded by a riotous gang of 14/15yr olds.

Dents, scratches, bumps and chips in the glass all over the car...:( kids safe though!!
  5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

That's awful TMM.

Yob culture seems to be getting worse. There seems to be no fear of what the consequences would be.

Our optician is a special constable. He was telling us about an incident the other night. There was a woman who was driving like a loony whilst on her phone. They pulled her over & she was drunk as a skunk! Her daughter, aged 15, was outside a bowling alley about 10 miles from home at 2am with no money, so she was going to pick her up. So, they immediatley bundled this woman into the back of the van before she killed herself or someone else. Being the kind considerate person our optician is, & also having a 15 year old daughter himself, he then went, with another colleague, in the mothers car to pick the daughter up. He said the abuse he got from her was awful, effing & jeffing & off her face, & that he'd wished he'd left her there. There's no respect for authority anymore.

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'd never think about doing that ever!
  7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

But whats the point?
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Kids can be so thoughtless... what they get out of doing all this is beyond me...

Yup... we had that on our way back from Hurst... about 4/5 teens throwing rocks and stones at the coach as we drove past them...

9. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I know, I really dont understand at all - what has changed in the last 10 years since I was that age? The vast majority would never consider such callous crimes.

I'm really shocked to hear of your incedent TMM, that is utterly appauling, shocking behaviour.

Lack of dicipline! Whats needed is a good hard slap - it never did me any harm....
  10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:| Your not meant to say that.
  11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ditto! what is the point? all you would do, is ruin someones day, possibly get arrested, and have a rubbish day yourself. i dont see why people do it. its people like them that give us younger people a bad reputation.

i wouldnt dream of ever hurling rocks and stuff at people, or coaches, or anything really... well maybe a lake if i could see that i wouldnt hit anything except water.

what do they get out of it? a feeling of scaring other people? what is the point in that? the feeling of pleasing people is far greater than that of scaring people. why dont they try pleasing people other than themselves... they would get a lot more out of it.
  12. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Very true Craig. Never did me any harm either. Can still feel the smarting on the back of my legs like it was yesterday. Hang on, it WAS yesterday! :tongue:
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Disagree... I think when their parents hit.. slap... whatever... that's what sometimes makes them do it to others... just a thought... and my opinion...

Discipline can be found other ways... better ways...
  14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

yeah, i agree to an extent. i have to say that whenever i did something bad, i got smacked, needless to say i never did whatever it was again. i still fear being smacked.. its probably that fear that you would be punished that teaches you to be good.
  15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Yeh but it's also evil.
  16. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I appreciate this is a touchy subject... there is a fine line between a slap and an assault. The way I see it is that the person involved associates pain with wrong-doing, and then stops what is wrong.

I'm sure there are many other ways to discipline, but you cant treat kids as adults... and that narrows the options down.
  17. Naomi McFadyen

Just send the kids to boot camp!!
  18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Like the brat camp thing on tv? Where they sit in a circle for days...
  19. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Now that is an idea!
  20. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

If you get caught, then you should be prosecuted every time.

Judges should USE the three strikes and you're out clause that is supposed to mean a minimum of 7 years inside for a third offence.

When the local scumbags know they'll likely not even appear in front of the beek they treat the law with contempt. Of course, Scumbags Utd (and their "He's a good boy really" mothers") are the first to seek the law's defence if someone is pushed too far and retaliates, vide the school teacher and the air gun.

For me, the key is that a five year sentence should mean five years. The American sentencing system makes more sense - if someone is sent down for three to five, you know they'll serve a minimum of three.

Or, let's adopt the Singapore method, and there would be so little crime you'd think you were in Paradise.

Will the Draconian