Valuation Besson Sovereign 927 Cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Angoose, May 31, 2008.

1. Angoose

Angoose Member

I was just wondering about a valuation of a Besson Sovereign 927 with a small dent and with all the laquer. I'm thinking of buying it. Any ideas about how much I should pay?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Valuation Besson
    Besson Sovereign 927
    Valuation Besson Sovereign
    small dent
    Cornet
  3. Dont buy it. Get a 928. Thats a proper cornet with a bigger, richer tone. 927's? For kids imho.

4. joshy

joshy Member

Not sure about the price but don't necessarily be put off by the smaller bore. Traditionally brass band Sovereigns are the larger bore 928s but the smaller bore can be useful if you are looking to play smaller ensemble or wind band stuff.

Josh

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

If Ebay is a guide then Sov's go from around £500-650 on average. At least they have done for the last few months, as I check everyday to see if there is anything for the band.

6. Angoose

Angoose Member

Thanks. I'd rather get a 927 really. I've played the band one for about eight years and I thought it was time to get my own. Do you think £590 is a good price? Also, the small dent is in the tuning slide. Could this affect my tuning?

7. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

About average for price. Unless the dent is actually in the sliding parts and prevents the slide from moving, then it should have no influence unless it is so severe as to prevent the smooth passage of air. Besides a reputable repairer could remove the dent and not too expensively.