Vacancy and News Website

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ChrisHatch, May 16, 2013.

1. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

You may well have come across it already. but if not is a website offering another place to list your vacancies and share your news.

2. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

Do you like pretty graphs? We've just added a statistics page that graphs the current list of vacancies.
    What can we conclude from this data...

• Bands are mainly looking for cornet, BBb and percussion players.
    • Bands in the Fourth and Third sections are the main ones looking for players.
    • Bands in the North of England and Yorkshire regions have most seats filled.
    Of course given the sample size my A-Level Statistics head is telling me to treat these statistics and the conclusions with a degree of caution.

Check out the statistics at
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

that makes interesting reading, but shouldn't your conclusions come with the caveat that they are based on bands that use empty chairs only?
  4. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

There's that and a multitude of other problems with the data that mean as I said "treat these statistics and the conclusions with a degree of caution."

Given that however they possibly are indicative.
  5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

fair point, I just think your conclusions are making some pretty big assumptions - for example, its a massive leap from a lack of ads on the website from NoE/Yorkshire bands to stating that the bands in those regions have most of their seats filled...

(and yes, I know I'm being pedantic, sorry about that, but I'm studying maths/stats at the mo and one of the golden rules my tutor keeps banging on about is that if we're not being pedantic and accurate about figures and stats then we're wasting our time! :))
  6. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member