Vacancies at RAF St Athan Voluntary Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lowsaints, Jul 5, 2008.

1. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

Fancy a chance to play with the premier RAF Voluntary Band in Wales??

We compete in the 1st Section at both National and Local levels. So, are you up to it??

Due to some recent personnel changes we are looking for experienced players to join this hard working friendly band. We currently require the following:

Tutti Cornet players x 2
    1 EEb & 1 BBb Bass
    2nd Trombone

However, if your seat isn't covered here and you fancy coming for a blow, whether you are just in the area and want to keep your lip in, or if you are looking for a new band then give us a ring and you will be made very welcome.

For more information about the band please contact Alan Bourne on 01446 797318.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    RAF Voluntary Band
    levels
    players
    personnel changes
    1st Section
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Do you guys still have Andy Parkes playing for you? It's probably been 12 years at least since he headed down your way from where we used to play at RAF Waddington

4. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

Hiya,

Andy occasionally graces us with his still phenomenal talent although these days he is so busy with work that we don't get to see too much of him. He is having a proper midlife crisis as well as he is now into motor bikes in a big and VERY fast way. Other than that he hasn't changed much!!!

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Cool! It's good to see that he's still playing, even if it is occasionally. He is, as you say, a phenomenal talent.

The next time you see him could you pass on my regards? Cheers!

6. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

Will do.:tup

7. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

Just as an aside and hopefully clarification for anyone being put off by the 3 little letters "RAF" don't be. The band is made up of some service personnel and the rest of us are civilians who live in the Vale in Cardiff. There is no great fancy dress requirement and you don't have to "go on parade" or get put on jankers if you haven't bulled your boots to the specified level of shine!!!

We just as normal as any other band - I know that's not saying much but i'm sure you all get the idea!

Why not check out our website at www.rafstathanvoluntaryband.co.uk ??

8. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

RAF St Athan Voluntary Band - Players Required

R.A.F. St Athan Voluntary Band, situated 25 minutes from Cardiff, 1st Section Nationally and Locally are looking for the following players for forthcoming events including the Regional Contest and a trip to Ayr at Easter.

BB Flat Bass

2nd Tenor Horn

Please contact Alan Bourne, Director of Music, on 01446 797318 or 077699 77207 for more details of the Band's forthcoming commitments. All enquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence.

Lifts available from many parts of the Vale of Glamorgan and Cardiff.

Is your seat not mentioned here? Looking for a friendly, but committed Band to make music with? Give us a call and come along for a blow!!

9. Martin

Martin Member

Me too (he will remember me sat behind him on Sop at RAF Waddington).

Glad to see he's doing well.:)

10. lowsaints

lowsaints Member

Just as a refresher, we still require a BB Flat Bass Player and a 2nd Horn player to join immediately after the Areas this weekend to begin preparation for the Band's trip to Ayr and Dalmellington over Easter.

Anyone is welcome, come along and have a blow