Vacancies at Cwmaman

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SuperHorn, Feb 16, 2006.

1. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Horn Player urgently required

Edit: Please check latest posts for current vacancies.

Cwmaman Institute Band (Championship section)are urgently looking for a Horn Player to complete it's line up for Welsh Area on 19/03/06. Due to the transfer deadline now imminent we are looking for someone who can be de-registered or not currently signed with a band to help out.

Any students looking for a good time and studying anywhere in the country who can make rehearsals betweent 11/03/06 - 19/03/06 please get in touch.

There will be a place to stay and a copious amounts of beer provided.

:( :( :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  2. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

Solo Horn Required by Cwmaman for Grand Shield

Cwmaman Band, RAH finalists 2004 & 2005 require a Solo Horn player for the forthcoming Grand Shield contest in May. The band has a number of engagements for this year, including the Durham Miners Gala and numerous concerts and contests later in the year.

Contact Andrew Rooke, band secretary on 07875 624146 or Lifts are available from a number of locations throughout South Wales.
  3. jim

jim Member

Good luck guys in sorting the seat out, bet you were gutted about the areas.
  4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

An excellent day out
  5. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

The area result was gutting but then we left the good performance in the bandroom in the morning, which I think the whole band will agree on..

A bad day at the office.

All the best to Burry Port, Parc and of course BAYV on their result.

We are all looking forward to the Durham trip in July, we have heard the rumour that its a cracking trip and all the band are looking forward to a good weekend there.
  6. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

Vacancies at Cwmaman....

Cwmaman Institute Silver Band

Due to relocation to New Zealand, Cwmaman Band has a vacancy for a 2nd Euphonium and a first class 1st / 2nd Trombone player. Forthcoming engagements include Durham Miners Gala, Pontins and Radio Wales Band Contest.

If you want to join our friendly band, then please contact Andrew Rooke on 07875 624146 or via email on
    Lifts are available from a number of areas.
    Last edited: May 23, 2006
  7. yogi1000

yogi1000 Member

Had any replies yet Clare?
  8. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

How long does it take to get to Cwmaman from Newport in Gwent?
  9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

It's not the easiest of places to get to from Newport to be honest. I'd allow yourself between 45 - 55 mins.
  10. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

I see. Thanks for the help.
  11. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

I can do Newport to Cwmaman in about 30 mins. Go Blackwood via Cross Keys bypass, then to Nelson - Abercynon, then aberdare. its not as long as it looks on the map.

We have players who live in Nelson & Caerphilly so if you were interested in coming up then im sure we could arrange for you to have a lift with someone.
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Apologies for my poor estimate Claire. I remember when I went there I hadn't been to the bandroom before and it therefore took me a little longer to find.
  13. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

No problem, roads have got a bit better with those by-passes being built around our way..
  14. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Come on all you Trombone & Euph players, come and join this progressive Championship Band. Nigel Seaman currently our Conductor.
  15. baribari

baribari Member

Come on Euphoinium players! I'll even polish the instrument for you!
  16. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

We still have a vacancy on 2nd Euphonium, as Dr Thomas is off to New Zealand to work in August...

Due to existing players moving around, the trombone vacancy is now for a 2nd / bass trombone. so please get applying. We have signed a number of new players and are looking forward to a busy end to the year and an even busier start to 2007....
  17. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

2nd Euph and a Trombone player still required.
  18. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

We still have vacancies for the following and need to get the seats filled ASAP for forthcoming contests and engagements in the next few weeks :-

Bass Trombone required to join to complete an exciting Trombone line up.

Due to relocation to New Zealand, Cwmaman Band has a vacancy for a 2nd Euphonium.

If you have what it takes, get in touch. Forthcoming engagements include Pontins and other contests at the end of 2006 Busy schedule in 2007.

If you want to join our friendly and enthusiastic band, then please contact Andrew Rooke on 07875 624146 or via email on

Lifts are available from a number of areas.

OR alternatively PM either myself or superhorn
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  19. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Second Euph Still Sought By Cwmaman Silver Band

If Interested Please Pm Me
  20. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Solo Trom Or Baritone Required

Cwmaman Institute Band have immediate vacancies for the following:

Solo Trombone or Baritone and Solo Cornet to complete line up.

If your interested please PM or contact me on 07960 138930 / 01452 610686 confidentiality and discretion assured.

Next contest - Spring Festival in May @ Blackpool.